Snow at Easter

Brute

Hooked
I went through some snow driving back to Seattle from Boise in Oregon...it snowed lightly for an hour of the drive.

The weirdest part of the drive was just after leaving Boise at 5:00 am... I saw "stuff" in my headlights whipping at me in the dark; at first I thought it was rain, but no water on the windshield...then I thought it was an epic bug shower, but no massive bug splatters....it was a grass storm...and then it started "raining" tumbleweeds by the hundreds...I've never experienced anything like it...and with the darkness, it was surreal. The headwind was so strong my gas mileage dropped from 11mpg to 7 mpg while doing 65mph

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I went through some snow driving back to Seattle from Boise in Oregon...it snowed lightly for an hour of the drive.

The weirdest part of the drive was just after leaving Boise at 5:00 am... I saw "stuff" in my headlights whipping at me in the dark; at first I thought it was rain, but no water on the windshield...then I thought it was an epic bug shower, but no massive bug splatters....it was a grass storm...and then it started "raining" tumbleweeds by the hundreds...I've never experienced anything like it...and with the darkness, it was surreal. The headwind was so strong my gas mileage dropped from 11mpg to 7 mpg while doing 65mph
Raining tumbleweeds! That had to be a little freaky. Straight out of a bad sci-fi movie.

Byte

Yeah, we got more white stuff. Some one mentioned leaving the eggs white for the egg hunt...not that I'm lazy, mind you. Great big no to that one.

Snowing today, in fact. If we get a few inches next week we'll pretty much beat the record for most snow fall on record for Montana... Part of me wants to see it happen. The more rational part of me wants to play at high altitude so is begging for it to stop already! :grayno: At this rate, the melt and high water will keep me out of my favorite spots until the end of June. Guess I could snorkel up & dive right in. :Lol:

Brute

Hooked
Yeah, we got more white stuff. Some one mentioned leaving the eggs white for the egg hunt...not that I'm lazy, mind you. Great big no to that one.

Snowing today, in fact. If we get a few inches next week we'll pretty much beat the record for most snow fall on record for Montana... Part of me wants to see it happen. The more rational part of me wants to play at high altitude so is begging for it to stop already! :grayno: At this rate, the melt and high water will keep me out of my favorite spots until the end of June. Guess I could snorkel up & dive right in. :Lol:

All time record for snowfall in Montana?...that has to be a serious amount of snow...not to mention screwing up the trout fishing for spring...

Top Bottom