YJ Won't Start

SlagYJ

Really bummed here....

Wired a new stereo and sound bar. Also restored the heater box (replaced heater core and blower motor). While I was at it, found some rust eating away at metal dash panel, so ended up completely taking the dash apart to replace that.

During all this work, the Jeep still started. While Putting everything back together, now the YJ won't start. I checked the fuses and all are ok. I even tried replacing them with no luck.

Here are the symptoms:

With battery connected, the lights, radio, gauges, everything works.

When I turn the key to start, everything turns off and Jeep won't start. Need to then disconnect and reconnect the battery to have the lights on again.

Any ideas? It has to be something with the battery (Battery and battery tray I had to remove for the heater core) or something I did to the wiring while replacing the metal dash panel frame.

Really don't want to tow this anywhere and have someone tear into the YJ again. Would really like to figure this out.

SlagYJ

Thought about it some more and kept researching non jeep issues instead of looking for Jeep related topics. turned out just to be a loose battery terminal. woohoo. gotta love the simple fixes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom