Things I learned at EJS

The BAD Influence

I'm choosing to put this post here rather than under Destinations because I plan on swearing, maybe a lot.
1) The price of the build has absolutely no correlation with the ability of the driver. I witnessed several big dollar Jeeps using winches and straps where I went right through. I have open diffs and 33s. The worst are the fucking idiots with V8s or superchargers who knew nothing more than to rev that bitch up. All they did was dig out big holes for the rest of us...then they'd give up and get their strap on. Pun intended.
2) SxS drivers are fucking idiots. They ignore any kind of trail etiquette. One day our trail leader caught a group trying to create a bypass around an obstacle. Their excuse "Well we don't have Jeep's so we have to create a bypass we can use". Then don't come on this trail assholes!
3) Toyota drivers are only slightly better than SxS drivers.
4) If you think you have enough alcohol for the week, you're probably wrong.
5) Wheeling is a workout. Maybe do some core work outs prior to a week long wheeling event.
6) Jeep people are awesome. Two guys in our group broke an axle. There was no shortage of people stopping to offer help, or make sure we were ok.
7) Cortez and Grand Junction are only a short drive away.

Chris1015

Love a good rant.

But I do agree. Some people out there just try to ruin trails so hard. The garbage and ammo shells are just ridiculous. Some people really sick ass. Hope you at least had a decent time.

Bear_JT

Hooked
This made me laugh to read but is really true. Unfortunately some people ruin stuff with their stupidity but hopefully nature will sort them out. Hope you had a good time anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Update: Yes we had a blast. Actually we've been to Moab many times, going back again next weekend. This was our first EJS.
The SxS issue has been building, it was just significantly worse this time. I'm not sure what happened with the group our trail leader caught making their own bypass. Apparently they were all in rentals. Which I'm sure can be tracked. He took pictures of them and their rigs.
Everytime we go to Moab I get terrible Jeep envy. And for the most part the build of the Jeep and the ability of the driver are well matched. But for EJS it seems like every asshole with deep pockets brought out their $100,000 rig. Also very clear was the driver had never climbed over more than the curb at the mall. I saw one Jeep with a Rock Krawler long arm kit and 41.5" tires. The kit relocated the frame control arm mounts down so low that I had more clearance. Throw in the RIPP and all the guy could do was dig holes. I wanted to fucking slap him. The most shocking was three high dollar Jeeps with a vendors logo wrapped all around the Jeep. None of the three drivers had ever been to Moab, and never really driven off road. They were constantly clogging up the trail, and had to have their hands held all day by the trail leaders. Then Thursday and Friday at the vendor show they had the Jeep's all shined up in their booth, and were trying to sell their shit. How would a vendor send out people to represent their brand who have no idea what it does or how to use it?!

jesse3638

Hooked
Lol. Sounds like Big Bear - or any other SoCal wheeling spot - on any given Sunday.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
So true. If I ever run those trails I like to go mid week. You're all by yourself. I agree when we went to Moab in November the SxS's are obnoxious and it wasn't even a busy time. Couldn't imagine EJS. Also sounds a lot like Dumont on a holiday weekend.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
If you want to weed out the yahoo's, only take 7 and above rated trails...it won't eliminate all of the them, but it reduces the number significantly...those that still go usually break something and are shown ther way out to the nearest county road.

The BAD Influence

If you want to weed out the yahoo's, only take 7 and above rated trails...it won't eliminate all of the them, but it reduces the number significantly...those that still go usually break something and are shown ther way out to the nearest county road.

Good plan!
Hell's Revenge today.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1523052442956.jpg
    FB_IMG_1523052442956.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 198

SDG

Caught the Bug
Things I learned...

Every time is have been on Moab Rim it's been a cluster. Ran it Thur am and took over an hour to go up the first part of the trail.... talked to some guys from Jeep who were shooting a commercial and had been trying to come down for 2 hrs....

Every restaurant is a cluster....

It's always super fun...

Hell's revenge is amazing at sunset...

There are caves where some of an Indiana Jones movie were filmed...

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Having been to Moab twice I can honestly say I haven't dealt with this thankfully ... go in the off season it reduces the idiot's and only ones ya see are there to enjoy .. being the mecca it is its gonna bring out all the idiots who are clueless.. kinda like going to the grand canyon (or any other N.P.)in peak season

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom