Another windshield strike...

Zevulin

I commute to work 5 days a week and it’s all highway, I guess my odds of taking a substantial hit are increased. I’ll be going on my 3rd windshield now and it’s a 2017, fucking annoying! This time around as soon as it’s replaced I’m heading right over to the tint shop and having this relatively new product Exoshield applied, it appears to be a great solution from what I’ve read about it. Curious if anyone here is familiar with this product. IMG_2906.JPG
https://alchemynano.com/exoshield.php

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thedrflaminco

Not familiar with the product but Id love to hear if it works. I also commute via the highway and Im always taking rock hits. PennDot must be dropping really big chunks of salt and gravel this year. Really annoying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zevulin

Not familiar with the product but Id love to hear if it works. I also commute via the highway and Im always taking rock hits. PennDot must be dropping really big chunks of salt and gravel this year. Really annoying.

The video on their site shows a windshield with it on taking an 86mph ball bearing strike with no damage vs a windshield without it sustaining substantial damage, impressive!

thedrflaminco

Ill be sure to check it out when I get a free minute. Im sorry about your windshield luck but its good to know im not the only one replacing a windshield multiple times a year!

sparks

Please update. I’m in a 2017 as well ... and my windshield is destroyed. 2 big chips passenger side and a crack along the bottom from edge to edge. I paid to have it tinted about 3 weeks before it cracked and then 2 big rocks hit it within a couple weeks and put nasty chips in it.

I haven’t replaced it because I wanted to get some financial return / enjoyment out of the tinting ... will have it replaced as soon as the zero deductible insurance waiting period is over. Hopefully with some film to protect it

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yeah, or you could just stop tailgating other drivers... rocks and road debris still abide to the laws of gravity... :dont_tell:

Just my opinion. :twocents:

:bleh:

thedrflaminco

Yeah, or you could just stop tailgating other drivers... rocks and road debris still abide to the laws of gravity... :dont_tell:

I dont know about the other guys, but I dont tailgate. I make it a point not to considering I hate it when people do it to me. Where I live gets hammered with snow and ice in the winter and the chips come from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop on the roads. This year has been particularly bad for windshield chips. No need to assume we drive like dicks.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I dont know about the other guys, but I dont tailgate. I make it a point not to considering I hate it when people do it to me. Where I live gets hammered with snow and ice in the winter and the chips come from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop on the roads. This year has been particularly bad for windshield chips. No need to assume we drive like dicks.

I dont remember the saying anything about "dicks" :eek:

Im not sure how "chips from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop" are getting into the air, much less high enough to hit the windshield... must be magic :idontknow: But it sure isn't from the car in front of you, OBVIOUSLY ;)

WJCO

Meme King
We've gone through 2 windshields replacements and 2 repairs. Just got another chip the other day. We're leaving it for awhile. Never heard of this product before, would be cool it it actually works.

thedrflaminco

I dont remember the saying anything about "dicks" :eek:

Im not sure how "chips from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop" are getting into the air, much less high enough to hit the windshield... must be magic :idontknow: But it sure isn't from the car in front of you, OBVIOUSLY ;)

Tailgating can most certainly be considered a type of "dick" driving style. With that being said, I'm not going to argue with you about how my windshield got cracked, or anybody else's for that matter. CLEARLY its from the tires of the truck or car in front of me, but its unavoidable in this part of the country during winter, especially with highway driving. I always remain at least 2 car lengths behind the car in front of me. I don't want to assume, but it sounds to me like you've been fortunate enough to not have to deal with winter or winter driving conditions in awhile. Come to the snow belt for a winter and you'll understand. ;)

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Tailgating can most certainly be considered a type of "dick" driving style. With that being said, I'm not going to argue with you about how my windshield got cracked, or anybody else's for that matter. CLEARLY its from the tires of the truck or car in front of me, but its unavoidable in this part of the country during winter, especially with highway driving. I always remain at least 2 car lengths behind the car in front of me. I don't want to assume, but it sounds to me like you've been fortunate enough to not have to deal with winter or winter driving conditions in awhile. Come to the snow belt for a winter and you'll understand. ;)

I'm not from Ohio or anything; but 2 cars length sounds a bit close in winter conditions all the way in down here in Texas. But hey, if that makes you a "dick" and that's your opinion. good for you :thinking:

:beer:

Last edited:

Zevulin

I don’t tailgate either, do you have any idea how far a small rock can travel when kicked up by a another vehicle traveling at speed, far! I’ve also taken a hit from a car in the lane next to me, clearly debris can be kicked out in various trajectories. And actually if you are tailgating pretty close the chances of debris from the car in front striking the windshield are much less.

thedrflaminco

I'm not from Ohio or anything; but 2 cars length sounds a bit close in winter conditions all the way in down here in Texas. But hey, if that makes you a "dick" and that's your opinion. good for you :thinking:

I'm not really sure what the point you are trying to make? but I can spell mine out... "back off, slow down and chill out. just enjoy the ride"
Can you STILL get hit OCCASIONALLY? SURE! unless you are ONLY driving on a 1 lane road (good luck with that)

But I just can not understand how someone could take multiple windshield hits in a row, and not think for half a second that maybe they should try driving a little differently perhaps? :crazyeyes:

[emoji481]
Good thing I didnt assume. The point Im making is that no matter your distance (be it 2 cars or 10 cars) youre still going to get hit with stuff on the highway here. You literally have to see the amount of debris on the road to believe it. It is really bad. [emoji111]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I don’t tailgate either, do you have any idea how far a small rock can travel when kicked up by a another vehicle traveling at speed, far! I’ve also taken a hit from a car in the lane next to me, clearly debris can be kicked out in various trajectories. And actually if you are tailgating pretty close the chances of debris from the car in front striking the windshield are much less.

nope, no clue. :crazyeyes:

Please, tell me, exactly how far? :bored01:

I wanna see the math... and don't forget to use the conservation of linear momentum theory in your derivation of the dynamic system equation... :thumb: ... we don't need undergrad level crap here. we want the TRUTH! :cheesy:

Last edited:

thedrflaminco

^this. I get hit with rocks/salt passing semi trucks on the left all the time.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
^this. I get hit with rocks/salt passing semi trucks on the left all the time.

THIS right here ^^^^ is the problem for you "2 car length in wet/snow conditions" non tailgating "dicks" :thankyou:

:cheesy:

Seriously though, Zevulin. I would LOVE to see the math. :thumb:

Last edited:

thedrflaminco

THIS right here ^^^^ is the problem for you "2 car length in wet/snow conditions" non tailgaters :thankyou:

Seriously though, I would LOVE to see the math. :thumb:
Lol. Getting hit with debris from the vehicle next to you when passing has nothing to do with tailgaiting [emoji848]. Like I said, you legitimately have to see the amount of stuff they drop on the roads here to believe it. It is also apparent that I wont be able to convince you I dont tailgate so Im going to stop trying now. [emoji111]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Lol. Getting hit with debris from the vehicle next to you when passing has nothing to do with tailgaiting [emoji848]. Like I said, you legitimately have to see the amount of stuff they drop on the roads here to believe it. It is also apparent that I wont be able to convince you I dont tailgate so Im going to stop trying now. [emoji111]

and yet, I never said it did... :thinking: but none the less, I'm quoted as if I had...

I said:

:naw:

but YOU are stopping now. Appreciated... Irritating as fuck when someone on a forum cant read, and/or insists everything is about them specifically. :thumb: even worse when they start trying to put words into someone's post that were never there to being with. :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

thedrflaminco

and yet, I never said it did... :thinking:

I said:

:naw:

but YOU are stopping now. Appreciated... Irritating as fuck when someone on a forum cant read, and insists everything is about them specifically. :thumb: even worse when they start trying to put words into someone's post that were never there to being with. :crazyeyes:
You were directly quoting and replying my posts. I believe that warrants a response from ME.

Top Bottom