Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another windshield strike...

Another windshield strike...

I commute to work 5 days a week and itís all highway, I guess my odds of taking a substantial hit are increased. Iíll be going on my 3rd windshield now and itís a 2017, fucking annoying! This time around as soon as itís replaced Iím heading right over to the tint shop and having this relatively new product Exoshield applied, it appears to be a great solution from what Iíve read about it. Curious if anyone here is familiar with this product.IMG_2906.JPG
    https://alchemynano.com/exoshield.php

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not familiar with the product but Id love to hear if it works. I also commute via the highway and Im always taking rock hits. PennDot must be dropping really big chunks of salt and gravel this year. Really annoying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Another windshield strike...

Quote Originally Posted by thedrflaminco View Post
    Not familiar with the product but Id love to hear if it works. I also commute via the highway and Im always taking rock hits. PennDot must be dropping really big chunks of salt and gravel this year. Really annoying.

The video on their site shows a windshield with it on taking an 86mph ball bearing strike with no damage vs a windshield without it sustaining substantial damage, impressive!

Ill be sure to check it out when I get a free minute. Im sorry about your windshield luck but its good to know im not the only one replacing a windshield multiple times a year!

Been Around the Block
    Please update. Iím in a 2017 as well ... and my windshield is destroyed. 2 big chips passenger side and a crack along the bottom from edge to edge. I paid to have it tinted about 3 weeks before it cracked and then 2 big rocks hit it within a couple weeks and put nasty chips in it.

I havenít replaced it because I wanted to get some financial return / enjoyment out of the tinting ... will have it replaced as soon as the zero deductible insurance waiting period is over. Hopefully with some film to protect it

Yeah, or you could just stop tailgating other drivers... rocks and road debris still abide to the laws of gravity...

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    Yeah, or you could just stop tailgating other drivers... rocks and road debris still abide to the laws of gravity...

Just my opinion.

I dont know about the other guys, but I dont tailgate. I make it a point not to considering I hate it when people do it to me. Where I live gets hammered with snow and ice in the winter and the chips come from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop on the roads. This year has been particularly bad for windshield chips. No need to assume we drive like dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by thedrflaminco View Post
    I dont know about the other guys, but I dont tailgate. I make it a point not to considering I hate it when people do it to me. Where I live gets hammered with snow and ice in the winter and the chips come from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop on the roads. This year has been particularly bad for windshield chips. No need to assume we drive like dicks.

I dont remember the saying anything about "dicks"

Im not sure how "chips from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop" are getting into the air, much less high enough to hit the windshield... must be magic But it sure isn't from the car in front of you, OBVIOUSLY

We've gone through 2 windshields replacements and 2 repairs. Just got another chip the other day. We're leaving it for awhile. Never heard of this product before, would be cool it it actually works.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    I dont remember the saying anything about "dicks"

Im not sure how "chips from the salt and gravel mixture the plows drop" are getting into the air, much less high enough to hit the windshield... must be magic But it sure isn't from the car in front of you, OBVIOUSLY
    Tailgating can most certainly be considered a type of "dick" driving style. With that being said, I'm not going to argue with you about how my windshield got cracked, or anybody else's for that matter. CLEARLY its from the tires of the truck or car in front of me, but its unavoidable in this part of the country during winter, especially with highway driving. I always remain at least 2 car lengths behind the car in front of me. I don't want to assume, but it sounds to me like you've been fortunate enough to not have to deal with winter or winter driving conditions in awhile. Come to the snow belt for a winter and you'll understand.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast