My gauges are going haywire but jeep drives perfect. Finally caught on video.

thedrod

Hey all.

I've recently had some electrical gremlins pop up and I can't seem to figure it out.
Anybody here experienced this?

Its a 2015 JKUR.

Other than the gauges and wipers coming on automatically, it drives perfect.
Radio keeps playing, headlights stay on.

Any suggestions? It's starting to drive me nuts. Video link is below.

https://youtu.be/CPIe2piNGPc

tdougherty81

Hey all.

I've recently had some electrical gremlins pop up and I can't seem to figure it out.
Anybody here experienced this?

Its a 2015 JKUR.

Other than the gauges and wipers coming on automatically, it drives perfect.
Radio keeps playing, headlights stay on.

Any suggestions? It's starting to drive me nuts. Video link is below.

https://youtu.be/CPIe2piNGPc

Sounds like the loose battery connection. Did you recently install anything electrical? Make sure to not put anything on the clamping nut.

thedrod

Sounds like the loose battery connection. Did you recently install anything electrical? Make sure to not put anything on the clamping nut.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

I did check the battery connections. They are rock solid. However, what I haven't done is trace the battery cables go to see if that's loose.

I installed a winch and stereo system several years ago, but I did not put anything on the clamping nut.

fusion_jeff

I had the EXACT same thing happen (I have a matching video). Checked batteries and fuses, all fine. It turned out to be a bad TIPM module. Dealer replaced it and the problem has been gone for about 20k miles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jsouder53

Hooked
Had the same thing happen recently. Turned out to be loose terminal connection or was the fact I left the battery disconnected while I did a tire rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BdugJK

First of all, you are getting passed in the fast lane man, move over. Haha alternator has my vote.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
When I had this problem it was loose battery connection on the neg terminal ... shop that wired up some lights when I had first bought it had em wired to the main an not the accessory point so while the connection was in fact tight it was just loose enough to cause this to happen at times . It also seemed like the traction control would kick in as well when things dropped out ..

Sent from my SM-G892A using WAYALIFE mobile app

thedrod

Update:

I ordered a rebuilt TIPM from tipmrebuilders.com and my problems seem to have gone away.
$330 was the total cost.

Top Bottom