help, please

Jimi2b

Hello,
I need your knowledge and help for my 1988 Jeep 4.2l.
My Weber 32/36 carburetor is old and stalls the engine when my jeep goes up a bit .....
Can you help me by telling me which carburetor you have to replace the original carburetor?
Another question ...
Most of the time, I make bad roads and hard passages, i have a kit Procomp en 2.5" and i am looking for a 3" really flexible.... could you advise me ?
Thanks a lot, Jeeper's

BobNH

I am not much help, but I can say your stalling issue is more related to it being carbureted than age. It's an unfortunate side effect of steep climbs. The best option to fix that is doing the electronic fuel injection (EFI) conversion. Not sure of availabilty given your location.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jimi2b

Thank you for your answer,
the position of the floats on the weber 32/36 is that this carburetor is sensitive in big rise, I intend to replace it by another carburettor of the type weber 38/38 which does not know these problems of "rocking" of the ascending floats, but I would have liked to have opinions by those who had made this transformation with a weber or another brand....
bye.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thank you for your answer,
the position of the floats on the weber 32/36 is that this carburetor is sensitive in big rise, I intend to replace it by another carburettor of the type weber 38/38 which does not know these problems of "rocking" of the ascending floats, but I would have liked to have opinions by those who had made this transformation with a weber or another brand....
bye.

I tend to agree, EFI is what you want if your getting into extreme angles. The fuel from a carb works with gravity. if gravity isnt going down into the manifold, fuel cant make its way into the combustion chamber. Now, if you are stalling on MINOR inclines, it may be a float/jet issue, and a simple rebuild could take care of it. but from your original post, it sounds more like big angles & lack of EFI. :twocents:

Jimi2b

Hello,
The difficulty of this transformation is in the connection of the probes, I do not have lambda probes, no catalised pot, I'm afraid of having to reassemble everything to optimize the EFI.
I thought to put an external gasoline pump with a reducer / pressure equalizer on the gasoline line but the Weber 32/36 is too sensitive to gravity .....
that's why I wanted to know the different assemblies with fuel on the 4.2l, if some of you do that ...;
Thank you for your answer anyway !
see you soon

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hello,
The difficulty of this transformation is in the connection of the probes, I do not have lambda probes, no catalised pot, I'm afraid of having to reassemble everything to optimize the EFI.
I thought to put an external gasoline pump with a reducer / pressure equalizer on the gasoline line but the Weber 32/36 is too sensitive to gravity .....
that's why I wanted to know the different assemblies with fuel on the 4.2l, if some of you do that ...;
Thank you for your answer anyway !
see you soon

I think any Carb is going to give you similar issues due to the simple nature of gravity fuel feed. You can TRY to rig something up to combat the effect, but ultimately, I'm afraid you would basically be throwing money away. EFI is what you need if your getting into conditions where gravity feed wont cut it. :twocents:

Jimi2b

Thank you for your interest, and your advice, but here an EFI Kit costs in 2000.00 €, even if I order it in the USA, with the port and customs, it may sting ....... :sFun_hot:
I continue to look for another less expensive solution.
Thanks to you

Top Bottom