ABS, Traction control Guage lit up!

JS-CHLLN

Hello All, I have a 2010 JKU was driving down the road and my ABS light, traction control light, and ESP BAS light came on and lost accelerator pedal. Pulled off to the side of the road. turned off Jeep, took out the computer to see if any codes thrown. None. Started jeep up had accelerator but lights did not go off. Have attached pic to show gauges that are lit. Anyone have this issue or may know cause?? dash lights.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s weird but I had exactly the same thing happen. Pulled my battery cables and cleaned them and the terminals and it never happen again. I think the minimal connections that it had caused the computer to flip out with power surges. You might start there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
So how do you determine which speed sensor is causing the error? Mines doing the same thing off & on.

You need a good OBD port code reader. I bought a blue driver and it will tell you which wheel is having the issue. What it will not tell you is whether or not it is the sensor or the connection to the cable. I replaced a sensor and still had the same issue, replace the connector and it was solved. Good luck.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
A bad sensor won’t throw up that many lights on your dash. It just sets off the ESP and the ABS. To get all of those lights and kill your accelerator, you had a computer issue.

Hate to tell you but you're wrong. I had all those lights come on after wheeling in wet conditions. The diagnosis was my right rear wheel sensor. Threads like this one pop up here a lot and most of the time the cause is a bad wheel sensor.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Hate to tell you but you're wrong. I had all those lights come on after wheeling in wet conditions. The diagnosis was my right rear wheel sensor. Threads like this one pop up here a lot and most of the time the cause is a bad wheel sensor.

But did it kill your accelerator pedal? I’ve lost a couple speed sensors over the years and never threw all those lights and lost the accelerator pedal. For me it always kicked off the ABS and traction lights.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
When I lost my driver side speed sensor 20,000 miles ago, I had all 3 lights light up. Had to have passenger side front replaced last month, this time only ABS an ESP lights were on. Never lost the gas pedal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
But did it kill your accelerator pedal? I’ve lost a couple speed sensors over the years and never threw all those lights and lost the accelerator pedal. For me it always kicked off the ABS and traction lights.

When this happen to me, what I thought was poor acceleration was actually the abs pumping during first gear. All the same lights were on as the OP. I checked it for codes and got U1417 which is a bad wheel sensor. Could it be something else? Sure, but he won't know until he has it plugged in. Like I said before, this thread pops up a lot. And the problem usually is the wheel sensor. Here's the thread I started for reference.
ABS breaks pumping in 1st gear.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=41040

wjtstudios

Hooked
When this happen to me, what I thought was poor acceleration was actually the abs pumping during first gear. All the same lights were on as the OP. I checked it for codes and got U1417 which is a bad wheel sensor. Could it be something else? Sure, but he won't know until he has it plugged in. Like I said before, this thread pops up a lot. And the problem usually is the wheel sensor. Here's the thread I started for reference.
ABS breaks pumping in 1st gear.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=41040

Yeah, there are two of these threads going right now. I agree, a code reader will answer all the questions.

Top Bottom