VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - LoD JL Destroyer Shorty Front Bumper & WARN Zeon 10s Install

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While our original plan was to install a WARN Zeon 10s onto our factory front Rubicon Steel Bumper, we got talking to our friends over at LoD Offroad and decided to change our plans and test out one of their all new, JL Destroyer Shorty front bumpers. Fortunately, it comes with a built in winch plate, a winch protector hoop with auxiliary light mounting tabs and ports to allow for the mounting factory fog lights. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what it took to get both installed on JET Li, our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. We hope you enjoy.

:cool:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
That bumper looks great on Jet Li, he's growing up so fast lol. It's ashame about the led fog lights but the lights you used looked great installed.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good on there. Kind of a bummer that the factory fogs don't fit.

Yeah, it sucked but I'm told they're working on a fix for it.

That bumper looks great on Jet Li, he's growing up so fast lol. It's ashame about the led fog lights but the lights you used looked great installed.

Fortunately, we were still able to make it work and with LED bulbs, you can't even tell.

Why would LoD make a bumper that doesn't accept the factory LED fog lights?

Their Sport didn't come with the LED group and so they assumed all the fog lights would be mounted the same. The JL is new and we're all figuring it out as we go.

Willys17

Nice! This bumper install on the JK is essentially the same. Just some minor differences on the skid plate. Looks great!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice! This bumper install on the JK is essentially the same. Just some minor differences on the skid plate. Looks great!

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure I got instructions for a JK and yes, they looked about the same.

It turned out really nice. Would like to see factory bumper and Zeno 10 s combo dough [emoji41]

We may still do it someday just because if nothing else. :cool:

It looks great. A very nice setup.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great video! I really do like that bumper on the jet. Sucks the dogs didn’t fit but I’m glad you found a backup plan and to hear LOD is working on fixing the fog issue

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! I really do like that bumper on the jet. Sucks the dogs didn’t fit but I’m glad you found a backup plan and to hear LOD is working on fixing the fog issue

Turns out that the fogs might only be an issue with fogs that come off a steel bumper. I've been told that the plastic bumpers all have the same fogs regardless if they're LED or not. Either way, I got it to work so it's all good. :cool:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Turns out that the fogs might only be an issue with fogs that come off a steel bumper. I've been told that the plastic bumpers all have the same fogs regardless if they're LED or not. Either way, I got it to work so it's all good. :cool:

Very interesting. Wonder what LOD will come up with to make them work with their bumper if coming off a steel bumper

Yeah, it sucked but I'm told they're working on a fix for it.

Fortunately, we were still able to make it work and with LED bulbs, you can't even tell.

Their Sport didn't come with the LED group and so they assumed all the fog lights would be mounted the same. The JL is new and we're all figuring it out as we go.

I would say I had the same problem before with my JKU Rubicon HR. It seems there are 2 different light mounts Jeep uses as those seem to be identical to my JKUHR with the Upgraded Bummper. I would see if you can find the mount brackets for the sport and your lights may fit into the pods...

Does anyone know if the LOD Destroyer for the JK fits the JL... It seems very close to the same mounting and everything and would be nice when I change my jeep to the JL if I can just swap my LOD stuff from my JK... It would definitely make the switch a little less expensive....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Does anyone know if the LOD Destroyer for the JK fits the JL... It seems very close to the same mounting and everything and would be nice when I change my jeep to the JL if I can just swap my LOD stuff from my JK... It would definitely make the switch a little less expensive....

As said earlier, it’s similar but not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting. Wonder what LOD will come up with to make them work with their bumper if coming off a steel bumper

More than likely, they just need to make a new bracket that will allow for the 2 bolt mounting of the steel bumper lights.

Not having to relocate the sway bar motor and vacuum pump makes for an easy install... Looks really good!

Yup, sure was easier than I was even expecting.

Looks great!

Thank you :)

I would say I had the same problem before with my JKU Rubicon HR. It seems there are 2 different light mounts Jeep uses as those seem to be identical to my JKUHR with the Upgraded Bummper. I would see if you can find the mount brackets for the sport and your lights may fit into the pods...

The fog lights I used are the same as what comes on a standard plastic bumper. They worked fine for me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

As said earlier, it’s similar but not the same.

What OverlanderJK said, similar and you might be able to get it to work but it's not the same.

Top Bottom