Moab 2018 Revisited

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Finally got some non-cellphone taken photos to post up of our trip last week to Moab. Simply beautiful out there. Enjoy.

Crystal Geyser- We didn't get to see the Geyser go off and the trail was pretty long and boring but the scenery was great as usual. This was supposed to be a trail to break-in the people that hadn't been to Moab before but they ended up liking the harder obstacles. That worked out well for what we had in store for the rest of the week.

Crystal+Geyser-7.jpg

Crystal+Geyser-9.jpg

Crystal+Geyser-13.jpg

Crystal+Geyser-14.jpg

Kane Creek- What an awesome trail. I really enjoyed the scenery on this trail. Being down in the creek bed with the trees and shrubs while surrounded by all the redrock was just a cool perspective. We parked at a cool area just before starting up the shelf road at the end of the trail. We hiked down and had lunch alongside the creek where the kids could run around and play without us worrying they'd run off a cliff. This was definitely a trail we'll be running again next time we head out there.

Kane+Creek-1.jpg

Kane+Creek-73.jpg

Kane+Creek-66.jpg

Kane+Creek-53.jpg

Kane+Creek-35.jpg

Kane+Creek-31.jpg

Kane+Creek-28.jpg

Kane+Creek-19.jpg

Kane+Creek-17.jpg

Kane+Creek-7.jpg

Kane+Creek-5.jpg

Kane+Creek-4.jpg

Kane+Creek-80.jpg

Kane+Creek-81.jpg

Kane+Creek-75.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Next Up was Metal Masher. There were a couple massive ledges that we couldn't get up but most were doable. No one in our group attempted Rock Chucker. It's alot gnarlier looking in person and most of us had a long drive home in our Jeeps. Mirror Gulch was pretty cool since, in Moab, you're generally not in much of a squeeze area. We stopped for lunch up on the ridge overlooking 191. Very cool spot.

Metal+Masher-20.jpg

Metal+Masher-64.jpg

Metal+Masher-63.jpg

Metal+Masher-61.jpg

Metal+Masher-55.jpg

Metal+Masher-43.jpg

Metal+Masher-33.jpg

Metal+Masher-31.jpg

Metal+Masher-29.jpg

Metal+Masher-3.jpg

Metal+Masher-7.jpg

Metal+Masher-84.jpg

Metal+Masher-18.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
The last trail of the trip was SteelBender. Very fun trail and while there was some hard obstacles, it was a good trail to wind down on before beginning the journey back home. I got my wife behind the wheel for awhile after The Fall. She did great but was having trouble keeping up with the group so wanted me to continue driving. Three of us did The Fall and two bypassed. I think the ledge was less sketchy than the bypass but its all a mental thing. This was my wifes favorite trail as it went by rather quickly but was fun the whole way through.

Steelbender-3.jpg

Steelbender-50.jpg

Steelbender-43.jpg

Steelbender-42.jpg

Steelbender-32.jpg

Steelbender-26.jpg

Steelbender-24.jpg

Steelbender-16.jpg

Steelbender-13.jpg

Steelbender-9.jpg

Steelbender-59.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks great. More trails to add to the bunch of trails already on my Moab 2019 list.

sunnysideup

Great pics!

We have a bunch of family members going to Moab the week after memorial day, we plan on running many of these trails. Steel bender, Metal masher, Kane Creek, Top of the World, Poison Spider... and some scenic stuff too. Looks like you had a great time!

I was there about 4 years ago and we ran Hells revenge, Fins and things, Elephant hill, and we camped on White rim trail for two nights while hiking and sight seeing.... we also were on a Family reunion that year.... about every two years we try to choose a new place, but everyone wanted to come back to Moab again... so that's the plan!

Top Bottom