Quick Disconnects

King Bedo

Hello I hope I can explain this good enough without pictures. When I look at the top part of my quick disconnect on the driver side it sits about a 1/4 inch from the spring. On my passenger side it is about 1" to 2" from the spring. Can anyone explain to me what is causing this and what can fix it? Please Help 2866F59E-F85D-4E8D-8E02-4188A6F22B54.jpg D97B788A-FB1A-47BF-A38D-02EC7CBECBBB.jpg

Last edited:

Bear_JT

Hooked
It depends on what your set up is, i. e. adjustable control arms or not? Give us some more info...
Also head over to the Give us a wave section and introduce yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Welcome

Looks like a Rubicon Express kit. Did it relocate the track bar mount? That displaces the lower sway bar mount on the passenger side. On mine it didn't cause the problem you're having, but makes the passenger side not completely vertical.

King Bedo

It is a rubicon express lift. When I took it back to the shop that did they lift they told me it is supposed to be that way and their JK is like that too. I knew they were lying to me.

Last edited:

The BAD Influence

It is a rubicon express lift. When I took it back to the shop that did they lift they told me it is supposed to be that way and their JK is like that too. I knew they were lying to me.

Do you have adjustable control arms? Measure them and confirm they're the same on both sides. If not adjustable, did the kit come with the relocation brackets? Check those, seems like they have different holes for what size lift you got. Maybe they didn't use the same hole on both sides.

King Bedo

Problem is I have had this lift for 2 years. And about 2 weeks ago is when I noticed this. It was never like that before. I replaced the quick disconnects a month ago after someone stole one and it was not like that. I need to find out if they are adjustable.

The BAD Influence

One other thought. My RE lift came with the option of using camber bolts. Since you've had the lift for a couple years, if the control arms were set wrong, or the relocation brackets were off, you'd know way before now that something was wrong. However, with camber bolts, if they used them, can wear the hole out and move. Maybe check. Good luck

Top Bottom