Taz and I's trip to Moab Last Month

farrier

Well it's a little late after getting back for posting about it but hey at least I remembered this time lol. We didn't manage to bump into anybody from WAL but we went earlier than most had planned so wasn't to surprising. We only got rained on one day which was good other than it was the day we talked our newbie buddy from Ohio in his stock JK 2 door into doing Hells Revenge :cheesy: . So without dragging this out to much on to the pictures
This first one is us airing down and explaining to Bob all about that process, That sounds odd but this was his first trip west of Illinois so also first time to Moab, first time his jeep has ever seen not so smooth dirt roads and other than some snow since he got it in 2015 it has ever been in 4x4 so we figured Hurrah Pass would be a good one to get him loosened up on.
Day 1 - Airing Down 1.jpg
Heading up the hill to Hurrah Pass
Day 1 - Trail 23.jpg
Top of the pass
Day 1 - Jeeps 1.jpg
Day 1 - Trail 25.jpg
Day 1 - Trail 31.jpg
Now there is another side to Hurrah Pass called Chicken Corners, he was game so away we went, it was kind of like herding cats so not so many pictures of that part
Day 1 - Trail 39.jpg
Day 1 - Trail 42.jpg

All in all was a good day, nothing broke, I didn't shove anybody off a edge, Bob found out that his jeep actually could do some things without destroying it lol .

farrier

Day 2
We decided to go for another fairly easy day so we chose Gemini Bridges and back to town thru Long Canyon.
I never get tired of that view.
Day 2 - Trail 1.jpg
Day 2 - Trail 2.jpg
So starts something else to explain to Bob, and yes when we finally got to goonie bird rock we both ran over the toes
Day 2 - Trail 7.jpg
Day 2 - Trail 8.jpg
Day 2 - Jeeps 1.jpg
Day 2 - Trail 16.jpg
Day 2 - Jeeps 2.jpg
Finally made it to the Bridge
Day 2 - Gemini Bridges 1.jpg
And of course the must have pics of the jeeps under the rock in long canyon
Day 2 - Fallen Rock - Our Jeep 2.jpg
Day 2 - Fallen Rock - Bob's Jeep 2.jpg

farrier

Day 3

Day 3 was the beginning of the end of the virgin from Ohio, I asked him if he was ready to try something a little more difficult and he said sure so my evil plan was working, Off to Fins and Thing we go lol.

Day 3 - Trail Map 2.jpg

All Bob said after that little hill was I didn't know my jeep could do that, I laughed and poor Taz cringed, he wasn't just the photo guy he was also the one doing the spotting.
Day 3 - Trail 1.jpg
Day 3 - Jeeps 1.jpg
About here Bob decided to try his hand at self spotting, I took the the right side and he decided to take the left, neither side was tuff by any means but the left side kind of needs a little more ground clearance than stock so insta orange lawn dart when he got to the bottom
Day 3 - Trail 2.jpg
Day 3 - Bob's Jeep 1.jpg
and that brings us to the first damage done to his jeep which kind of suprised me cause he hit that front bumper hard enough there was sand in the driving lights when it came back up lol, well after finding out he scuffed his tail pipe was all the damage anything took it was time to head out again
Day 3 - Bob's Scuffed Tip 3.jpg
Day 3 - Trail 7.jpg
Day 3 - Trail 9.jpg
Day 3 - Jeeps 2.jpg
Day 3 - Jeeps 4.jpg
Day 3 - Trail 13.jpg
Day 3 - Trail 17.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Great pics! Gotta get out there!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Taz81

Thanks for posting up Farrier. I've gotten real behind on it all. I'll just blame it on work :doh:

Top Bottom