New phone, app store app is way old and won't work?

desertrunner

I I just got a new phone yesterday and had to obviously re download all my apps. When I searched for the wayalife app it's super old in the app store and tries to open version 1.3.18 and it doesn't work. I can't find a way to update it either. Kinda at a loss on how to get the app back. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180413-094919.jpg
    Screenshot_20180413-094919.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_20180413-094849.jpg
    Screenshot_20180413-094849.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 249

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The web app is what I am using right now to use the site. But I MUCH prefer the way the mobile app is set up and I have come accustomed to it

Yeah. It’s too bad that Apple did that to Eddie & Cindy, especially after all the money they spent on the app. Ultimately, I’ll use the web app, and keep on participating, if that happens to me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Yeah. It’s too bad that Apple did that to Eddie & Cindy, especially after all the money they spent on the app. Ultimately, I’ll use the web app, and keep on participating, if that happens to me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not using Apple though. It's just like my Google play store has a SUPER old version. Unless I need to search for something else for the new version?

Ddays

Hooked
I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy 9+ last Friday and I can't open the app with it either. I've been accessing the full site through a web browser in the meantime :idontknow:

Ddays

Hooked
The web app is what I am using right now to use the site. But I MUCH prefer the way the mobile app is set up and I have come accustomed to it

Retry this link and scroll down to the Android instructions - its post #2 on that thread.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...-NOW-AVAILABLE

I just did this and mine works perfectly now. :thumb:

Edit - doing this doesn't set the default as a web based view - it switches to the app version on your phone.

Last edited:

BaddestCross

The newest version has apparently been pulled from the Play store and the copy I have on my phone stopped loading this morning. You can still use the Tapatalk app but it's got annoying ads unless you pay for their subscription.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

desertrunner

Retry this link and scroll down to the Android instructions - its post #2 on that thread.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...-NOW-AVAILABLE

I just did this and mine works perfectly now. :thumb:

Edit - doing this doesn't set the default as a web based view - it switches to the app version on your phone.

That's what I did this morning and it's the web based view not the normal app. All that did was basically add a hyperlink to the web view to my home screen.

BaddestCross

I found an APK version of the new app but that won't open anything past the loading screen then crashes
Yeah... Same as the version I've been using forever now. They must've finally turned off the access.

I guess it's time to get used to the mobile website or move to Tapatalk. I'll probably end up paying for Tapatalk to get rid of the shitty popups.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I apologize for the trouble but Google has made some big and recent changes to their policies and they've since shut our app down for reasons I can't even figure out. We're trying to resolve this but they've been incredibly vague as to what we're not complying with. :naw:

So far, our iTunes app is still working and we do have our web app as others have mentioned. I apologize for the trouble.

BaddestCross

I apologize for the trouble but Google has made some big and recent changes to their policies and they've since shut our app down for reasons I can't even figure out. We're trying to resolve this but they've been incredibly vague as to what we're not complying with. :naw:

So far, our iTunes app is still working and we do have our web app as others have mentioned. I apologize for the trouble.
No need to apologize for something you provide to us for free. [emoji41]

I found it odd that your JL Wrangler app was still up as I figured it was built on the same platform. Whatever the problem is, I hope it's an easy fix.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No need to apologize for something you provide to us for free. [emoji41]

I found it odd that your JL Wrangler app was still up as I figured it was built on the same platform. Whatever the problem is, I hope it's an easy fix.

Believe me, I found it odd too. Google just said we were in violation of their new terms and conditions. I tried to find out what we were doing wrong and they basically pointed me to a link that said the same thing. :rolleyes2:

Ddays

Hooked

I actually like the mobile web version so I'm all good :cool:

desertrunner

No worries I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something with the new phone I guess it's just bad timing. I can still use the web based version so that's all good. Thanks for the support I know you guys put in a ton of work to make this site awesome for all of us and I appreciate it.

Top Bottom