High clearance fenders to match full width bumper

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
What are good options for high clearance fenders that will match full width front bumpers ?

IMG_8808.JPG

This is my current setup .

Does anyone have photos of the Mopar high clearance fenders when paired with a full width bumper ? Seems like they are wider and higher and would mess up the lines .

Also considering MetalCloak overland .

Any pics or comparisons welcome !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just trim the outside edge of the factory ones. The aftermarket ones will look like shit with a full width but. Flat fenders and full widths go together like lamb and tuna fish.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I would ditch the full width and trim the fenders. It's amazing how fast jeep parts sell on craigslist.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Need to back this up with the fact that I much prefer the look of the full width bumper . The build is meant more for overlanding than rock crawling and I’m not a fan of the exposed wheel in the front . Hope that helps in recommendations

Brute

Hooked
Need to back this up with the fact that I much prefer the look of the full width bumper . The build is meant more for overlanding than rock crawling and I’m not a fan of the exposed wheel in the front . Hope that helps in recommendations

You do know that you will also require a snorkel and roof rack if you intend to overland...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
You do know that you will also require a snorkel and roof rack if you intend to overland...

Ha . No plans for snorkel in Southern California . They also look terrible on most jeeps imo .

Roof rack is definitely on the list . Do a bunch of 2 and 3 person car camping and it’s a really tight fit .. also jeep Currently still fits in the garage at work so enjoying that for a bit . When the 33s wear out, will bump up to 35s and the roof rack will be a natural next step .

zimm

Caught the Bug
I think what's he's getting at is this isn't much of an "overlanding" forum. If you want to keep your huge bumper and big fenders, I'm not sure how you're going to raise them up. Maybe get a taller lift or extend your bump stops. $800 on higher fenders seems silly when you can sawzall the stockers for free. But if you raise the fenders, you'll have a goofy gap in front between them and the bumper.

Brute

Hooked
Ha . No plans for snorkel in Southern California . They also look terrible on most jeeps imo .

Roof rack is definitely on the list . Do a bunch of 2 and 3 person car camping and it’s a really tight fit .. also jeep Currently still fits in the garage at work so enjoying that for a bit . When the 33s wear out, will bump up to 35s and the roof rack will be a natural next step .

Well, if you're not getting a snorkel, I would suggest at least a pith helmet...or perhaps an Aussie floppy hat...

zimm

Caught the Bug
Here's an option. I have a wheeling buddy (center in the photo) who trimmed his fenders flat but managed to integrate with a full width ARB bumper. That would work and it's free. Doesn't look too bad either.

View attachment 299305

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I think what's he's getting at is this isn't much of an "overlanding" forum. If you want to keep your huge bumper and big fenders, I'm not sure how you're going to raise them up. Maybe get a taller lift or extend your bump stops. $800 on higher fenders seems silly when you can sawzall the stockers for free. But if you raise the fenders, you'll have a goofy gap in front between them and the bumper.

Fair enough.. I’ve really only seen built up rock crawlers on here but figured it was all wrangler friendly .. at least for those of us who mod them and hit the dirt .

Jeep is more for hitting easy to medium trails, getting into nature, and transporting my mountain bikes .

I’ll likely never go stubby with flat fenders and 37s.

Maybe trimming is the way to go .

BaddestCross

Fair enough.. I’ve really only seen built up rock crawlers on here but figured it was all wrangler friendly .. at least for those of us who mod them and hit the dirt .

Jeep is more for hitting easy to medium trails, getting into nature, and transporting my mountain bikes .

I’ll likely never go stubby with flat fenders and 37s.

Maybe trimming is the way to go .
The guys are just giving you some shit. It's all good here, brother. [emoji482]

--
Build thread: The Adventures of Fiona
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

zimm

Caught the Bug
That solution looks pretty good. I think that's what OverlanderJK was trying to get at.

--
Build thread: The Adventures of Fiona
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Right. Not trying to be a dickhead, so I gave him a good option that should save him $800 on a worthless upgrade.

Edit- we have a member in my club that is a distributor for metal cloak, so he's rocking the hideous 2 piece bolt on fenders. yuck. We give him so much crap over them. I'm sure he got a good deal though to go with the 2 foot tall metal cloak wolf stickers on his doors.....

Last edited:

Xhisors

Why not make your build for rock crawling then go overlanding? You will have an all around better rig on and off trails.

Theres absolutely nothing different from an overlanding build and a rock crawling build.. other than mindset. I guess Mybe a floppy hat, and sandals too.. yes i rock both.

#noshame

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Here's an option. I have a wheeling buddy (center in the photo) who trimmed his fenders flat but managed to integrate with a full width ARB bumper. That would work and it's free. Doesn't look too bad either.

View attachment 299305

This looks great .

I’ve seen several write ups but the removal and reattachment seems pretty complicated .

If I can just tape and cut with them mounted would be significantly easier .

I’ve learned a lot in the last year mechanically doing most of my mods on the Wrangler but this one still has me worried haha .

No worries on the shit . Know it’s all in good fun . I also realize I’m in the minority when it comes to jeep taste :)

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Here's a pic I found when researching the Mopar high clearance fenders. Like was said $800 bucks for fenders that don't line up properly is a lot of cash. Trimming is the way to go

Attachments

• 33651527051_d8a4289f86_b.jpg
    33651527051_d8a4289f86_b.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 171

zimm

Caught the Bug
This looks great .

I’ve seen several write ups but the removal and reattachment seems pretty complicated .

If I can just tape and cut with them mounted would be significantly easier .

I’ve learned a lot in the last year mechanically doing most of my mods on the Wrangler but this one still has me worried haha .

No worries on the shit . Know it’s all in good fun . I also realize I’m in the minority when it comes to jeep taste :)

I cut mine without removing a thing. There's a youtube video called 5 minute fender trim or some crap like that. Worked like a champ. You'll spend more time playing with the blue masking tape than actually using a 4 1/2" grinder with a 1/8" blade and sticking on some door trim. I'll find the link and post it in a few minutes.

Top Bottom