Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: It's not a tumor (well, it is)

It's not a tumor (well, it is)

Real update. Had a biopsy done and I must say, until the needle hit a nerve and he took the sample, wasn't too bad. After that, I found a great method to induce pain if I ever become an evil mastermind trying to take over the world.

Aside from some complications, it is done and the results came back on Friday as benign. Which is great, I'm scheduled to have surgery on the 10th of April to remove it.

I don't know too much until I have my preop appointment on the third, but in the talk with the doc the other day, he mentioned at least having to bisect my pec major muscle and may have to saw my collar bone in half to get to the tumor in a way that won't damage the nerves it is wrapped around.

I think my jeep mod budget has been reallocated for the year, major bummer! Perhaps that's why it was such a good idea to get the JKUR as I can still do most of the trails around Texas!

Thank for all your thoughts and prayers, this surgery has me a bit worried, but I'm quite confident in the doc and his team who will be doing it

Banned

Good luck throughout the rest of this course. We are all happy that you will be around for a few more years. The Jeep can wait, you have a rubi anyway. That thing will go anywhere as is! Glad to hear everything turned out ok.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

That is great news!!! You can go into surgery knowing you only have to heal from that and it's over. Thoughts and prayers your way.
    2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Glad it's benign! Good luck with the surgery!

Banned
    Glad to hear they got everything figured out for you, that must have been the worst part ( not knowing ) I hope everything goes smooth for you.Your build will always be there patiently waiting for you.

Knows a Thing or Two FrankenJeeper's Avatar

Glad to hear the good news! Your surgery will go fine and you'll be back riding in no time. Jeep mods can wait, health comes first in my book brother.

2010 JKU Sport
    1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, the mods will wait, this little break will just fuel my indecision about what to do first!

GREAT news!!! Good Luck on your surgery, keep us all posted.

Now you have a year to shop the intrawebs for goodies... which is either a good or bad thing

That is great news! You know with the right amount of honey, some fishing line and a kbar I could hook you up for a lot cheaper! Hahaha

SEMPER FIDELIS!

2013 Black JKUR
    Zac Brown of the PNW

Quote Originally Posted by Skid_Kid View Post
    That is great news! You know with the right amount of honey, some fishing line and a kbar I could hook you up for a lot cheaper! Hahaha

I'll keep that in mind! Today is a great day for updates... The Mayo Clinic called just a bit ago and they can take me for the same week as I was going to have the surgery locally. Likely a pile (perhaps an order of magnitude) more expensive... But they have a team and I kind of think my nerves are important and with the tumor all around the nerves that go to my arm...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast