Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any bow hunters out there?

I like PSE and Hoyt myself. I shoot every chance I get in between kids and work. Just waiting for the New Mexico hunt draw results for my mule deer and elk applications.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Id set a budget and shoot every bow that fits it. A good pro shop will help you find what fits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    I like PSE and Hoyt myself. I shoot every chance I get in between kids and work. Just waiting for the New Mexico hunt draw results for my mule deer and elk applications.

Awesome I'll take a look at PSE also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird 11 View Post
    Id set a budget and shoot every bow that fits it. A good pro shop will help you find what fits you.
    Oh there is definitely a budget. I just want about better brands so I'm not going in blind. Reading up on fps on the different models and draw length and all that good stuff.

Take what you can! Give nothing back!

Sometimes, a local pro shop can set you up with a quality used bow that someone may have traded in or sold them, and you reap the benefits because they’re usually fully set up and you save money. I would stay away from used bows from sellers you don’t know like online and craigslist stuff. Sometimes it could be a seller who didn’t know what they are doing and possibly dry fired it; then you deal with the safety issues there.

I shoot a Hoyt, I have friends that shoot Mathews, Bowtech, PSE and Elite and they are all good bows. Like others said a pro shop is a must. I'm right handed but left eye dominant, always just thought I was a bad shot with a bow until I went to a pro shop and he had me shoot some left handed bows. Ended up with a Hoyt just because it felt more comfortable to me. They will measure you for the correct draw length, etc. Just don't get carried away on draw weight. 60 is plenty for deer and won't wear you out as quick when practicing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    Sometimes, a local pro shop can set you up with a quality used bow that someone may have traded in or sold them, and you reap the benefits because they’re usually fully set up and you save money. I would stay away from used bows from sellers you don’t know like online and craigslist stuff. Sometimes it could be a seller who didn’t know what they are doing and possibly dry fired it; then you deal with the safety issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by tunafed View Post
    I shoot a Hoyt, I have friends that shoot Mathews, Bowtech, PSE and Elite and they are all good bows. Like others said a pro shop is a must. I'm right handed but left eye dominant, always just thought I was a bad shot with a bow until I went to a pro shop and he had me shoot some left handed bows. Ended up with a Hoyt just because it felt more comfortable to me. They will measure you for the correct draw length, etc. Just don't get carried away on draw weight. 60 is plenty for deer and won't wear you out as quick when practicing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Thank you!
    I'm going to check out a local shop here soon. Now I have some brands and other information for when I go in.

Fresh Catch
    I bow hunt a lot. Like said above Matthews and Hoyt are good bows to be honest now days most all of them are good just get a good archery shop to fit you with one and decide which one feels the best to you. Another thing broadheads have made drastic improvements also. Far as CWD I wouldn’t let that bother me to much there is no proof it can transfer to a human.

Ditched my compound about 8 years ago. Went to a longbow, live it!

Quote Originally Posted by Allenn View Post
    I bow hunt a lot. Like said above Matthews and Hoyt are good bows to be honest now days most all of them are good just get a good archery shop to fit you with one and decide which one feels the best to you. Another thing broadheads have made drastic improvements also. Far as CWD I wouldn’t let that bother me to much there is no proof it can transfer to a human.
    As I'm reading up on everything, it seems everything has made huge improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by sinawalli View Post
    Ditched my compound about 8 years ago. Went to a longbow, live it!

I use to have a long bow. I did like it also.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    As I'm reading up on everything, it seems everything has made huge improvements.

I use to have a long bow. I did like it also.

Yes they have! Lots of well priced bows that will do the job. I’m a firm believer in mechanical broadheads, but that argument is about like a what’s the best oil argument .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast