Thread: QA to Bay Area Jeeperes...

Fresh Catch

QA to Bay Area Jeeperes...

I'm located in San Bruno. Are there any stores you'd recommend? I plan on ordering online, but need someone to install for me. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Choobys View Post
    I'm located in San Bruno. Are there any stores you'd recommend? I plan on ordering online, but need someone to install for me. Thanks in advance!
    I suggest installing yourself so you can learn about the Jeep. What are your plans? If you’d like a shop though, Shaffer’s Off-road is in Alameda which isn’t too far from you. He does quality work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    That’s sound advice. However I know my limitations. I can do bumpers and other bolt ons. But when I decide to lift, I’m out of my depth

Hooked

QA to Bay Area Jeeperes...

I did mine with hired help, friends dad who is a mechanic. It is really not that hard, but I was intimidated like you. Brakes were above my skill level, but you could always have a shop do just that.

In any event you could check out Swat in Fremont or Arabia’s in San Jose in addition to Shaffer’s. I have heard good stuff about all three. Just don’t go to 4Wheel Parts, I like the guys but and have been happy with the help in getting some stuff, but don’t want them wrenching on my Jeep .

Quote Originally Posted by Choobys View Post
    That’s sound advice. However I know my limitations. I can do bumpers and other bolt ons. But when I decide to lift, I’m out of my depth

Always good to know your limitations. I think a lot of people feel intimidated with things they really shouldn’t be. Depending on what suspension you choose, it will likely be bolt on as well. Not trying to push you out of your comfort zone or anything. It’s just my opinion. It would be wise to learn how to work on your jeep in the comfort of your garage versus breaking something on the trail and having to learn there. That’s also assuming you plan on getting off the beaten path and wheelin. Keep in mind there are plenty of people here on WAL that are willing to help out if you’re not sure of something.

Fresh Catch
    Thank you kindly

Chop shop in Vacaville is good people