What transmission do i have?

Loki_96

Trying to figure out what transmission i had in my jeep, i bought it from a guy who put it in and dont know the year or model. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Loki_96

It is, but its not the original transmission, everywhere i look online just tells me what’s originally supposed to be in there. I have 2 that are similar though.

IMG_0537.jpg
IMG_0536.jpg

I can take better pictures after work

Loki_96

Loki_96

Sorry for the lack of info guys i was work when i posted about this. I have a 96 xj with the 4.0, i bought it from a guy who said he got the transmission (first set of pictures) out of a 2002 Dakota, dont know if thats true or not just what i was told. Im pretty knowledgeable of jeeps and Toyotas all except transmissions lol thats where i lack in knowledge

This is the one that was bolted to the engine when i bought the jeep, it has a different spline for the driveshaft and doesn’t fit stock driveshaft that came with the jeep.

IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0546.JPG

This was the one the guy who owned it before me had pulled from the jeep when he bought it. Input shaft is torn to shreds.

IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0548.JPG IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG

Loki_96

Loki_96

Still curious about why the guy said he got the transmission out of a Dakota though? Would it bolt up to Dakota with a different bell housing?

Loki_96

Five-N9ne

What year/motor Dakota?

Might be an NV3550 depending on year. There's a cutoff where AX15 was replaced but I don't recall when that was.

Top Bottom