Sport start

JL54

Hey everyone! Just a quick question, does anyone know if you can add the factory mopar remote start to a JLU sport s ? Mine didn’t come with that option package.. I just want the start feature.. thanks

Wethy

I would imagine the install factor depends on lots of factors. Such as:
Do you have an automatic or manual JL,
Do you have power locks,
And any other options.

With the Electronics that reside in the JL it could be a matter of flashing the computer and programming the Key. Or theyd install their own kit from mopar.

And if your JL is a manual installing them becomes a lot more complicated due to the neutral bypass needed for the clutch to start it. So an aftermarket might be the better source. However its hard to say if they will have a security interface for the JL since its still very new. My personal advice would be to call a Jeep dealer and just see what they say amd get a quote.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
I did this for my wife’s 2014 Sport so I figure they have this for the JL. If you have remote door locks and power windows you can do a factory remote start. The parts are about $230 with two new keys and dealer install is $200. They have to flash your ECU, so if you have an AEV or other program on your Jeep, you will have to redo it. The factory remote start is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JL54

Thank you! I have the 8 speed and power locks and windows, I’d like to do the factory remote start so it’s good to hear that it might work out.. thanks again

Supercharged

I did this for my wife’s 2014 Sport so I figure they have this for the JL. If you have remote door locks and power windows you can do a factory remote start. The parts are about $230 with two new keys and dealer install is $200. They have to flash your ECU, so if you have an AEV or other program on your Jeep, you will have to redo it. The factory remote start is nice!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The parts you are talking about are those for your wife's JK or for a new JL. I'm in the same boat currently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom