New aftermakets no more for JK??

Amrth

:naw: I know there are a hell lot of parts outthere for jk.. Been seeing some aftermarket vendors selling their JK's on the wake of getting JL's.. Does this mean R&D on new aftermarket parts on JK have come on a end??

Seeing some crazy prices on the "BUILT not bought JK's" on interwebs :shock:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Not an end, but it'll go the way of the CJ, YJ, TJ. A very very slow trickle of new stuff. I bet 99.99% R&D will go to JL for the foreseeable future. It's kind of nice be part of the "old school".

wjtstudios

Hooked
I think there will still be plenty of new products coming from cross over parts from the JL that will be adapted for the JK platform. They are similar in a lot of ways and there are so many JKs out there that it is a strong market of aftermarket parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I still see lots of aftermarket stuff for TJs. There are a lot of JKs out there. Vendors will want to develop and sell accessories for them.

I think there will be new developments for different uses for the JK. I know one one company that is running two stretched JK’s and their “builder kit” is going to production right now. I think the prices on JK’s and jku’s will come down a bit and people will build some crazy but very capable stuff with them. That’s what that company of banking on. I know we have three products in development for JK/JKU’s still!

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I think something like 1.5 million or more JK/JKUs were sold in the past 10 years. And a lot of them are still on the road. I'm sure R&D will slow but I wouldn't think it would go away completely. To much money to be made in the aftermarket parts arena

Brute

Hooked
Supply and demand drives every market...the JK will still be a very viable after market niche for some time.

I'm waiting to see how the after market companies respond to the release of the JT pickup...that's going to be a completely different kettle of fish...

TrailHunter

Hooked
Maybe the new JL designs will spark ideas for the JK.. or not... and maybe more people will pick up used JK’s as prices drop.. and further drive the after market parts. Or not.

Five-N9ne

The market will continue. If it was destined to die with the birth of a new model, we wouldn't see new products for Magnum motors, or XJs, or ZJs, or any other discontinued model that's ever been made.

That being said, the JL market *might* push some innovation into the JK realm. Retrofits for JL parts, tubular frames, probably a diesel swap kit when they come out and the motor is offered as a crate item... I'd be interested in seeing that come to fruition. Probably be a pretty hot ticket item.

Cold Gas

Ya that diesel motor / tranny should be awesome. Some tuning / twin turbos and bam be best motor swap ever. Lol
Would love one in my JK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five-N9ne

Twins on that small of one might ruin the torque curve. Single with the right A/R and some bigger nozzles should wake it up though. If I can get 450 ft/lbs out of my AHU TDI then they can certainly get that out of the new common-rails they’ll be putting in.

Xhisors

Honestly, there has been 11 years of the JK. We have had so many aftermarket things developed that if you need something or want something you most likely can get it.

Heres to hoping there will be less grill mods done to JKs. :beer:

clos0791

I think that there are enough aftermarket parts already developed for the JK. Actually, too much. I'm not worried. I agree with a previous post; kind of cool to be part of the old school wrangler owners club.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Not an end, but it'll go the way of the CJ, YJ, TJ. A very very slow trickle of new stuff. I bet 99.99% R&D will go to JL for the foreseeable future. It's kind of nice be part of the "old school".

Lol. Now JK people can hate on JL owners, like JK owners were hated on.

Top Bottom