Thread: Jeep YJ (no family bar) hard top options

Fresh Catch

Jeep YJ (no family bar) hard top options

Hey guys and gals, anyone know of or have experience with any good aftermarket hard top options besides what's on the basic parts sites? The options are so few I'm just planning on restoring the original at this point. Any input would help. Thanks!

Honestly, if your hard top can be restored then go for it man, you’re going to save a lot of money by doing that, finding one is hard enough, and most of the time you’ll have to bear the cost of shipping it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Ernie View Post
    Honestly, if your hard top can be restored then go for it man, you’re going to save a lot of money by doing that, finding one is hard enough, and most of the time you’ll have to bear the cost of shipping it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea this stinks. I've always really loved the safari tops, the hard tops that have extra height on top and give the jeep almost a toyota/land rover type of look, but as far as I can tell (which is what I was hoping someone might know of better than me) they are made aftermarket for everything AFTER the YJ. Idunno. Maybe I'll find a company that makes them for CJ's and can make it work. I sold my hard top, don't want to restore and don't like the feel. To me, a jeep is topless, so if I have to stay warm in the winter here in Vegas, I'll be fine with a sweet soft top setup until I find what I'm looking for.

If you (or anyone else) ever sees/hears of a safari style top for a YJ, please send me a shout! Thanks a million.