How much water leakage is normal?

BJS11JKU

I just bought a 2011 Unlimited in pretty pristine shape. I checked all the visible seals and gaskets and everything looked fine. I felt all of the carpets as well and everything was bone dry. In the past two weeks, we’ve had two rain events. Each time, the driver side and passenger side foot wells were soaked. I can’t see water coming in from anywhere. I know it’s a Jeep and I am going to have to deal with water from time to time, but I’m thinking this is abnormal. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m a newbie.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I just bought a 2011 Unlimited in pretty pristine shape. I checked all the visible seals and gaskets and everything looked fine. I felt all of the carpets as well and everything was bone dry. In the past two weeks, we’ve had two rain events. Each time, the driver side and passenger side foot wells were soaked. I can’t see water coming in from anywhere. I know it’s a Jeep and I am going to have to deal with water from time to time, but I’m thinking this is abnormal. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m a newbie.

Hard top, soft top?

Tricky8

I ran into the same issue with my 15 JKU and when it was a few months old. The door seals were replaced and it improved but now it is back again although less leaks.

BobNH

Google jk water leaks, you should find a writeup showing where the leak is likely coming from based on where it is found, and also check the area in the back where the jack goes, you may find that is full of water too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom