Another sick fucker...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is part of the issue. These whack jobs are made into celebrities when they go and shoot a place up. These people have mental health issues, covering them as much as the media does is a part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Young kid with an AR blew away four people yesterday at a Tennessee Waffle House. A while back his guns were taken away from him after he tried to breech a White House barrier to speak with Trump, subsequently they were returned to his Father who in turn gave them back to his son.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/04/23/us/waffle-house-shooting-manhunt/index.html

So you're saying that people that aren't suppose to have guns can still obtain them? :thinking: :shock:

These whack jobs are made into celebrities when they go and shoot a place up. These people have mental health issues, covering them as much as the media does is a part of the problem.

^ Bingo. The media does this with tons of issues, but especially in regards to guns.

JAGS

Hooked
Exactly, when will left stop the charade and address the real issue, MENTAL HEALTH!

When will society step up to the fucking plate. There are literally 100 things we could start to do tomorrow to help. The need to blame a “side” does nothing. If anything blame big lobbyist for preventing dialog.

Another part of the problem. It’s not a left/right issue either.

^ this.

longarmwj

This is part of the issue. These whack jobs are made into celebrities when they go and shoot a place up. These people have mental health issues, covering them as much as the media does is a part of the problem.

Exactly what I was talking about with the other sales guys this morning. These whack jobs thrive on attention and get off on the rush of it, and as soon as they see one guy in the news, they want a piece of the cake too. As it has already been said, it isn't a gun problem, its a person problem.

WJCO

Meme King
When will society step up to the fucking plate. There are literally 100 things we could start to do tomorrow to help.

Like what? Seriously, what can be done to stop criminals through any legislation?

If anything blame big lobbyist for preventing dialog.

I can only assume you're referring to the NRA. How would blaming them change anything? They're not the slightest bit responsible for any of this. There are millions of NRA members and gun owners who would never commit a crime like this. You and I both know that.

JAGS

Hooked
Like what? Seriously, what can be done to stop criminals through any legislation?

I can only assume you're referring to the NRA. How would blaming them change anything? They're not the slightest bit responsible for any of this. There are millions of NRA members and gun owners who would never commit a crime like this. You and I both know that.

Why did you instantly go to legislation and NRA?

People not being dicks and caring about other people has nothing to do legislation. Creating stronger communities has nothing to do with legislation.

And, I don’t blame an NRA member for crime like this. You are right, millions don’t. I’m only concerned with handful that do. I don’t know what “groups” they belong to nor do I care.

We’re not going to solve this on a Jeep forum, I can tell you that. But I didn’t want to not respond to clarify just a little. The joys of being a moderate/centrist. Should be a fun thread. [emoji15]

WJCO

Meme King
Why did you instantly go to legislation and NRA?

Because I assumed that's what you were inferring with your '100 things' and 'lobbyist' comment. If I assumed incorrectly, then I certainly apologize.

People not being dicks and caring about other people has nothing to do legislation. Creating stronger communities has nothing to do with legislation.

This is true. Along with that, I think and feel educating ALL Americans about the good of guns and responsibility of guns (like we used to) and why we have them is foundational along with that.

And, I don’t blame an NRA member for crime like this. You are right, millions don’t. I’m only concerned with handful that do.

Good. And no one should blame the NRA or any other pro-gun group that is in favor of protecting and defending our rights. As far as the 'handful that do,' I care as well.

We’re not going to solve this on a Jeep forum, I can tell you that. But I didn’t want to not respond to clarify just a little. The joys of being a moderate/centrist. Should be a fun thread. [emoji15]

Agreed. Fair enough.

Gents. In your travels give episodes 337 Give me liberty or give me death on the Grittybowman a listen.
Or episode 37 Children of the gun on the Cleared Hot podcast.

The news is running wild with this one for some reason. I can’t change the channel and not hear about it and I’m in California. Wtf
Must still be blame the gun season cause I’ve heard “AR” at least a dozen times in two minutes.

JAGS

Hooked
Because I assumed that's what you were inferring with your '100 things' and 'lobbyist' comment. If I assumed incorrectly, then I certainly apologize.

This is true. Along with that, I think and feel educating ALL Americans about the good of guns and responsibility of guns (like we used to) and why we have them is foundational along with that.

Good. And no one should blame the NRA or any other pro-gun group that is in favor of protecting and defending our rights. As far as the 'handful that do,' I care as well.

Agreed. Fair enough.

We’re all good Doug. [emoji106] I have friends and family on every side of this broad discussion. In fact, my aunt lives in TN and is one of “them” gun lovers. [emoji6] Luckily, she doesn’t visit waffle houses and is all good.

But trying to discuss the root cause of all the “crazy” requires a bar and copious amounts of alcohol.

JAGS

Hooked
I’m sure it’s a combination of things, but the Dude was naked.... Drugs have to be playing a part here.

So you mean the guys was normal for TN? Let me guess, he also was missing teeth. I think we have a profiler here. [emoji6] Too soon?

jesse3638

Hooked
Problem is he had a history of mental health issues. Already had his guns confiscated by the government and were returned to his father. His father then seemed to have returned them to him. If I was his father and my son was claiming Taylor Swift was stalking him I'd think twice before giving them back to him. Who knows the whole back story other than what the media has said. Praise be to the individual who saw an opportunity to try and neutralize him and at least got the weapon away from him. Also the media had begun calling the AR an assault "style" rifle now.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Guys I deal with Emotionally disturbed people on a daily basis. I feel that one of the main reasons that nothing is done is because the majority of the people, in this country, don’t want to or can’t comprehend the full severity of the mental health issues we have here. They bury thier head in the sand and pretend there are only a few cases. The actual amount of people with mental health issues is actually staggering. To be quite honest it is a miracle we don’t see more violence. I’m not talking about more gun violence either. Young parents on drugs pass it to their unborn children there are also tons of kids being doped up on psych meds. Everyone is diagnosed with something these days and doctors fire off prescriptions faster than the “evil” Ar’s fire rounds. Poor family values and community responsibility are also to blame. If we as a community/country don’t start trying to fix it now we will never get a handle on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom