EVO Lower control arm failure and Bolt Torque

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Well this just happened. Let that be a less to. Ever trust others who touch your Jeep 100%. Always double check critical components

IMG_0153.jpg

Looks like the bolt just slipped right off after having the alignment done recently. Luckily I was close to home going slow trying to locate what seemed like some binding in the suspension. I think I found my problem!

I think I’ve also fond the source of a sound I’ve been hearing since I installed my lift. Apparently one of the Johnny Joints is rattling on the control arm. I thought it was just the coil overs as folks said they were noisy.

Gonna call EVO in the morning to see if they can help me.

BTW. Dealer wants $27 for the bolt and $15 for the nut. Highway robbery!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Well this just happened. Let that be a less to. Ever trust others who touch your Jeep 100%. Always double check critical components

View attachment 299950

Looks like the bolt just slipped right off after having the alignment done recently. Luckily I was close to home going slow trying to locate what seemed like some binding in the suspension. I think I found my problem!

I think I’ve also fond the source of a sound I’ve been hearing since I installed my lift. Apparently one of the Johnny Joints is rattling on the control arm. I thought it was just the coil overs as folks said they were noisy.

Bummer. Don’t those arms have adjuster sleeves? Curious why they would even loosen that bolt.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Damn that sucks... I might be wrong but aren’t those control arms installed backwards? Pretty sure the adjustable side is supposed to be towards the axle...? If not mine is messed up. Lol. Glad you’re safe.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Dam, that sucks. Did it just drop while you were wheeling or on the pavement while cruising?

Dropped on a flat dirt road. Went over a few ruts to investigate the sound and the control stem fell out. Good thing Eddie taught me in Mohave what to do in that situation... keep driving! Took it slow and made it home ok

kingsize

View attachment 299950

Give us a call at 714-879-8913 were in the office at 7:00AM Pacific

Top Bottom