Jku cad files??

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Does anybody have the files or know where I can find JKU cad files at?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just write in, e-mail or call FCA and ask for Sergio Marchionne; he will hook you right up. Oh wait, the whole intellectual property thing, that’s a problem. There’s a reason why aftermarket companies buy newly released models is so they can tear them down, measure and design their products. I don’t think you will find anything. Welcome to Wayalife.

Brute

Hooked
Just write in, e-mail or call FCA and ask for Sergio Marchionne; he will hook you right up. Oh wait, the whole intellectual property thing, that’s a problem. There’s a reason why aftermarket companies buy newly released models is so they can tear them down, measure and design their products. I don’t think you will find anything. Welcome to Wayalife.

The Chinese have them...and the Russians, through Wikileaks...and Trumps team, from the Russians...

Benito

Caught the Bug

Actually, I don’t think that’s true at all, I think manufactures are able to buy cad files at a really high price from FCA. EVO, had a bumper for the JL before they their first JL

Benito

Caught the Bug
They also worked with Dynatrac who had a JL.

from the Code 1 Build thread Evo had also sent out control arms for that build, which came together pretty quickly from the time that dynatrac picked it up to the time that they had parts on it too. they did help build that one Mopar build with the DTD but i would find it hard to believe that they don't have some CAD drawings.

Desert Crawler

There are definitely CAD drawings of the JKU floating around. Getting a copy for yourself takes some effort, but if you keep searching I'm sure you will find what you are looking for.
I haven't seen any for the JL, but I haven't had a reason to seek out a copy either.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Actually, I don’t think that’s true at all, I think manufactures are able to buy cad files at a really high price from FCA. EVO, had a bumper for the JL before they their first JL

You may be right, but that would surprise me. I’ve worked for an American Machine Tool Manufacturer for going on 30 years. My experience has been that our customers get an outline file of the product they are buying for approval purposes and integration into their design models. The outline files do not contain any exact detail of the design, but more of an overview. In most cases disclosure agreements are made both ways. I have a hard time believing that large corporations like FCA or any other manufacturers would sell details to “competitors” in the aftermarket industry after spending millions on research and development of their own products. Exception being aftermarket companies that also supply OEM’s like Bestop or Rancho through contracts and partnerships. Obviously I can’t speak intelligently about the design or timing of the EVO Bumper that you mentioned. What I can say is that I read that EVO got there new JL shortly after release and really, how long does it take add final mounting details to a pre-designed bumper and make it?

Rynob79

I have a buddy that builds bumpers and accessories. He got cad files from Jeep before the jl was released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
from the Code 1 Build thread Evo had also sent out control arms for that build, which came together pretty quickly from the time that dynatrac picked it up to the time that they had parts on it too. they did help build that one Mopar build with the DTD but i would find it hard to believe that they don't have some CAD drawings.

Andrew, the engineer at evo, is a smart man. He can design anything on cad. I’m not saying you are wrong but I would bet it was a combination of the first two you said in that post.

You can scan in the parts and rebuild the surfaces in a reverse engineering program like solidworks. Some manufacturers do allow limited access to CAD files. When I was working in VFX, we got the files to the wings of a boeing 777.

But the easiest way is to scan and rebuild.

Top Bottom