TJ’s trip home

Gadget

Caught the Bug
After a medical issue in January while in Kansas for work I was flown home and my 99 TJ got left behind. Finally got the opportunity to retrieve it. 400 miles into the drive I hear a single clunk and now it is stuck in 4lo. Waiting for the tow truck[emoji37]. Tcase will shift into 2h and 4h but won’t go, I can drive it in 4lo even though I can’t shift the tcase 4lo. Hope it’s an easy fix, anybody familiar with this problem?

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
After a medical issue in January while in Kansas for work I was flown home and my 99 TJ got left behind. Finally got the opportunity to retrieve it. 400 miles into the drive I hear a single clunk and now it is stuck in 4lo. Waiting for the tow truck[emoji37]. Tcase will shift into 2h and 4h but won’t go, I can drive it in 4lo even though I can’t shift the tcase 4lo. Hope it’s an easy fix, anybody familiar with this problem?
Planeteray gear could have eaten a gear. I would check the linkage. Could also be the chain 🤷

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Such a sad sight. IMG_3538.jpg seems to me that if it will move in 4lo without any odd noises the chain and planetary gear are good. Not a tcase wizard so I could be wrong, hoping I’m not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
my JK got stuck in 4HI a few months ago, I replaced the transfer case position switch and it's been fine since.

It's a PIA to get a wrench on top of the transfer case. I ended up using a crows foot end but found some service wrenches at Harbor Freight that I think would've made the job go quicker and easier.

Hope it's just as easy a fix for you.

This is what the transfer case position switch looks like:

227903.jpg

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Doesn’t look like it will be easy, broken inside. Have to go home without it again[emoji35]Probably have to have it shipped when its fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom