JL steering

Allenn

Not sure if I seen it on here or YouTube I searched and couldn’t find it here, so maybe someone will have some info. Someone had posted a video about not being able to turn left or right when doing over 65mph and the dealer had engineers out trying to figure out the issue. Well anyway mine did it today at around 45 mph 3 different times and then it stoped. I was just curious if anyone knows if they found the isssue. Kind of scary driving down the road and can’t turn.

ScoobyCarolanNC

It happened to me once almost a month ago and then never again. Another user said the same thing and the guy who originally reported it is still making YouTube videos in it so I assume they didn’t take Jeeps’ replacement offer. There’s a video of them doing gatekeeper on 37s and a spacer lift. The new rubicon is a badass for sure. I was stunned they pulled it off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It happened to me once almost a month ago and then never again. Another user said the same thing and the guy who originally reported it is still making YouTube videos in it so I assume they didn’t take Jeeps’ replacement offer. There’s a video of them doing gatekeeper on 37s and a spacer lift. The new rubicon is a badass for sure. I was stunned they pulled it off.

You don't need a Rubicon, spacers and 37's to do Gatekeeper. Just to put things into perspective.

Allenn

Hasn’t happened to me again either since I posted this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:clap2:

Looks like they took a good $1500-$2K in body damage just to GET to the obstacle... :doh:

Maybe so but that might still be cheaper than buying a Rubicon, spacers for it and 37's. I mean, if the whole point is just to run Gatekeeper :crazyeyes:

papasurf

Is this my problem?

Got my JL Rubicon on Saturday and on Sunday while driving on the freeway whenever I needed to steer to the left it felt like the steering wheel was stuck and then all of the sudden it would release and steer as normal...if that makes any sense on how I described it.

WJCO

Meme King
Got my JL Rubicon on Saturday and on Sunday while driving on the freeway whenever I needed to steer to the left it felt like the steering wheel was stuck and then all of the sudden it would release and steer as normal...if that makes any sense on how I described it.

Check with your dealer for recalls. Not sure if your symptom is related or not, but a steering shaft recall was just released for certain vehicles: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?1519-Steering-Safety-Recall-U48&highlight=steering

Allenn

That is basically what mine done. It hasn’t done it in awhile though.

Top Bottom