First time to the UP -- trail recommendations?

Arctic12

Hello,

I will be taking a trip to the UP in a few weeks, coming from Minnesota through Wisconsin.

I am hoping to find many cool trails along the way, are there any MUST SEE trails that you all recommend? Trying to stay off of the main roads as much as possible in a true overland fashion.

Thanks for the help!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I head to Drummond every year, but that is the Far East side of the upper peninsula. I’ve always wanted to see the rest. If you google over landing in the upper peninsula, there are a bunch of people that do that kind of trip every year. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

r47

Drummond is the big destination in the UP, we just got back from there a couple weeks ago. If you run through the Marquette area I can point you to a few interest spots (went to school up there 20 years ago) though the "trails" back then were shared use with logging skidders and could rapidly go impassable to anything smaller. Forestville Road and 550 including the run up to Big Bay are quick shots and there are multiple hiking options (Sugarloaf, Hogback, Dead River Falls) and a few woods roads to minor falls off of 550 North of MQT.

It *should* be possible to go the length of the UP on dirt using the numbered DNR trails but I haven't done it (yet).

Top Bottom