JL-style grille for my JK

jscherb

Ever since Jeep unveiled the Safari Concept in the spring of 2016 and then the JL I've wanted to scrap my factory JK grille in favor of something like one of those. A finished the project a few days ago, here are a few photos of my JL-style grille... (the Jeep also has homemade Willys MB-style flat fenders and a homemade hardtop)

Final9_zpskrsfvgbv.jpg

Final3_zpsbly3exco.jpg

Final5_zpsstg8pd1v.jpg

Final1_zpsrgyqvdzj.jpg

I designed a grille to fit the JK with styling to match the Safari Concept/JL; made a mold, and molded this grille in fiberglass.

jscherb

Seriously you’re still coming here to pimp your shit? You literally only post to promote yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not pimping anything, not selling anything, just "showing and telling" my recent project for my Jeep. If that's not what the show and tell forum is for or if I'm not welcome to show my personal Jeep projects here please have the admins delete my membership.

jscherb

D’aww. Selling shit? Thought it was a diy job [emoji24]

It is a DIY job. Everything on the Jeep except the front bumper ends is homemade and nothing is for sale - hardtop, fenders, grille and I don't plan to sell any of them. I'm not selling anything. Just showing and telling about my recent project.

I would be happy to do more than show and tell - for example to explain how to make fiberglass parts in a home garage, but I never seem to get past being criticized on this forum. I'm sorry I bothered everyone.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not pimping anything, not selling anything, just "showing and telling" my recent project for my Jeep. If that's not what the show and tell forum is for or if I'm not welcome to show my personal Jeep projects here please have the admins delete my membership.

I never said you were selling anything. You come here to pimp yourself and the shot you make in your garage. A quick google search of your username produces a lot of hits. Try it sometime.

You have no membership and we don’t delete shot here. We leave it in the open for people to see how much of a jackass you are.

jscherb

I never said you were selling anything. You come here to pimp yourself and the shot you make in your garage. A quick google search of your username produces a lot of hits. Try it sometime.

You have no membership and we don’t delete shot here. We leave it in the open for people to see how much of a jackass you are.

Ok thank you. I won't bother you anymore.

Unsubscribing.

TrailHunter

Hooked
When the JL was released, I actually thought that grill on the JK might be cool.... but now seeing it, (and props on a clean job) I think the JK grill looks better where it belongs, on the JK.

Jeff,
Can we buy a set now ?
where / when / how ?

Ever since Jeep unveiled the Safari Concept in the spring of 2016 and then the JL I've wanted to scrap my factory JK grille in favor of something like one of those. A finished the project a few days ago, here are a few photos of my JL-style grille... (the Jeep also has homemade Willys MB-style flat fenders and a homemade hardtop)

Final9_zpskrsfvgbv.jpg

Final3_zpsbly3exco.jpg

Final5_zpsstg8pd1v.jpg

Final1_zpsrgyqvdzj.jpg

I designed a grille to fit the JK with styling to match the Safari Concept/JL; made a mold, and molded this grille in fiberglass.

Ddays

Hooked
I never understood why folks are so eager to change grills on Jeeps to make them look like something they're not. :thinking:
What's wrong with the JK grill that someone feels the need to change it to a lookalike JL grill? "Hey, look at my JK that kinda looks like a JL but really doesn't."
If that's you're thing so be it but I still don't get it. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

jeep waves.jpeg

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Look at his posts. He only posts about stuff he builds. He has been told before.

What has he been told before? Did he sell one of his projects or something? He made a custom grill and is showing it off, i thought that was one of the uses of the forum.

Top Bottom