Cobra 75 vs. Cobra 29

marshrat

I currently have a new Cobra Ltd 29 and when shopping around for the antenna cable I ran into the Cobra 75 on display. I really like the Cobra 75 setup and would use an external speaker for better sound quality.

Between these two models what would you run and why?

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using WAYALIFE mobile app

Smokinjoe

I like the 75 I like the size for the JK also had a 75 in my CJ I also run a external speaker, good CB for all in one.

marshrat

I ran the 29 in my silverado. Got 5+ miles. Have u seen the length of mileage out of the 75?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run both and wouldn't trade my 29 for a 75. Even with an external speaker, the sound quality is just ok and you just don't get the same amount of control and extra features.

marshrat

I was looking at it the same way. The tuning is way easier plus dynamic. Thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
After hearing so many good things about them I just bought a Cobra 29. Hope to install it this week sometime.

eeftw

Cobra 75 is terrible. Wish I would have never got the thing. Range sucks, you can't hear with external speaker and or handheld speaker, you have to keep the SQ all the way up so you don't get interference. All this with about a 1-1.5 SWR.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
the 75 is good imo. with the trails around here that we run we dont get spread to far apart so the minimal range you get from it works. i dont have any problem with my speaker as it is louder than needed. if i could do it again tho i would prob get the 29

Panda

I love my 29 thanks to moochie for helping my girl get me the right cb for my bday! I can hear truckers talking 10 mi away with a 3 ft tailgate mounted fire stick! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1393356059.888762.jpg

Sent from bad apples...

JKFlyer

Well I just bought the 75 a week ago based on good things that I heard :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I love my 29 thanks to moochie for helping my girl get me the right cb for my bday! I can hear truckers talking 10 mi away with a 3 ft tailgate mounted fire stick! View attachment 70797

Sent from bad apples...

this pic isnt helping me. if anything its now making me regret my 75 because i like your set up lol

Looks good Panda!

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I've been using a 75 for over 20 years and it's been fantastic.

Extremely easy to disconnect when not in use to avoid them thieving bastards.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

this pic isnt helping me. if anything its now making me regret my 75 because i like your set up lol

Looks good Panda!

Thanks cozdude the trick is the ez mount cb bracket it holds it up there outta the way but easily accessible & no drilling it snaps onto your freedom top front loop, $40 for the bracket, it's very solid if you mount it as far forward as possible I redrilled the bracket to make it close to the mirror that makes it very solid

Sent from bad apples...

JKFlyer

Looks good Panda!

Looks great... at least saving face for 75 is not having unit over ur head like that...but it does add a badass look to jeep!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom