PA & Doorless = $141.50 fine

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I have been daily driving a Wrangler in SWPA since 2000 and I’ve never been pulled over when doorless. Well, it happened today on my commute home from work. As a Jeep enthusiast, this is very disheartening.

The officer went so far as to say the rear tube doors I was running were not legal either. It is beyond frustrating to think I can no longer enjoy the freedom the wrangler platform provided.

IMG_8028.jpg
IMG_8030.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that! I didn't even realize that was illegal in some areas. I wonder if there's a loophole for vehicles design with removable doors.

Ddays

Hooked
What a fucker. That's just a guy being a dickhead because he can. You're the second guy I've heard of getting a ticket for being doorless in Monroeville. It's worth requesting a hearing.

jesse3638

Hooked
We will get tickets for no mud flaps here in CA but not running doorless. But I better not be coming back from Cabellas in Reno with a full load of ammo..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

175.77.*Body.

*(a)**Condition of body. All items on the body shall be in safe operating condition as described in §**175.80 (relating to inspection procedure).

*(b)**Fenders. The wheels of a vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with fenders of a type used as original equipment. A tire may not come in contact with the body, fenders or chassis of the vehicle.

*(c)**Hood and hood latches. The entire motor compartment of a vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be covered by a hood. The hood shall be equipped with a double latch system to hold it in the closed position if the hood was originally so equipped.

*(d)**Protruding objects. There may be no torn metal, glass or other loose or dislocated parts protruding from the body of the vehicle.

*(e)**Fender flares. A vehicle may be equipped with fender flares not to exceed 3 inches.

*(f)**Doors. A vehicle specified under this subchapter shall be equipped with doors of a type used as original equipment. The doors shall open and close securely unless the vehicle has been manufactured or modified to the extent that there is no roof or side. Tailgates, except on vehicles where the tailgate gives access to the passenger compartment, may be replaced with wood planking, nets or other material that will prevent loss of load. Tailgates*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
What a fucker. That's just a guy being a dickhead because he can. You're the second guy I've heard of getting a ticket for being doorless in Monroeville. It's worth requesting a hearing.

Thought about appealing all evening, but per the officer’s public profile, he’s a vehicle code instructor. It doesn’t leave me feeling hopeful. I can’t even fall asleep because of the nonsense.
IMG_8037.jpg
IMG_8038.jpg

duktrx

Under section 175.77.(F)
Looks like your Jeep was manufactured without a roof, so sounds like doors may not actually be required.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

agr1144

I would fight it. On the ticket he cited you 175.77e and his description was no doors. 175.77f pertains to doors. Seems to me maybe you could get out of it on a technicality. The way 175.77f reads to me that if you have no roof, you don’t have to have doors. I lived in State College for 10 years and never had a problem. Saw jeeps doorless all the time too. I’ve heard before that monroeville and York in SE PA can be real jerks about doorless jeeps.

Top Bottom