King of the Hammers 2019

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Has anyone looked into entering into this race with their Jeep? Would love to hear your thoughts on actually making this happen. I was reading through the rule book and realized my Jeep no longer qualifies for the stock class. Coilovers are considered part of the “modified class” which I thought was pretty bad-ass.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Yes, currently working on a plan to run in 2020 in my JK in stock class. Plan is taking most inspiration from Jessi Combs' rig from this year, because , well, she won.

Things I know I am going to need:
Axles - Airlockers and debating between being cheap and doing a 1 ton swap or going fabricated 9s, been talking with one of the guys who runs an IFS unlimited car and he recommends RCVs
Long arm lift - 3 inch stretch and probably about 4 inches of lift (not for clearance because I can only 35s) kinda want to run a dual triangulated rear and 3 link front but still working it out in my head
Roll cage - rules
Fuel cell - also rules
Steering upgrade - at least PSC big bore, maybe hydro assist
Race seats - debating between a proper race seat and a suspension seat
Armor - have to run some kind of bumpers, definitely will run a front stinger, sliders (strong but minimalist), rear corners, underbelly skids, most of it aluminium for weight
Half doors - probably either Savvy or JCR
Tires - probably run the new BFG KM3 since it has to be DOT and can only run 35s
Wheels - beadlocks, probably methods because I like them and they come in black
Misc - nets, helmet, race suit, HANS, etc.

Probably more things, I should make a spread sheet.

tippedover

Prolly not much help but their was a guy in WA that builds every year for this. He use to have a build thread on jk forum not sure if he is still active on their thou. Good luck!

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
How cool would it be to have a Wayalife contingent going? Hmmm so tempting. If it wasn’t my daily driver I’d probably start making plans.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
How cool would it be to have a Wayalife contingent going? Hmmm so tempting. If it wasn’t my daily driver I’d probably start making plans.

Mine is my daily, although I have a Subaru that is going to get a new motor this summer. After it is done I will start building.

Top Bottom