Bds suspension?

Sithwindu

Local shop is offering 1200 for parts and service on a 3" lift

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=44&yr=2012-2013

Anyone have any experience with this lift? Should I stick with a teraflex 2.5 BB?

My jeep is a daily driver with offroading here and there on weekends (mainly beach sand and mud, not too much rock trails in my area)

And they are telling me I won't need to upgrade the driveshaft.
Looking to get 35's

Atch

Local shop is offering 1200 for parts and service on a 3" lift

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma=7&mo=32&ty=44&yr=2012-2013

Anyone have any experience with this lift? Should I stick with a teraflex 2.5 BB?

My jeep is a daily driver with offroading here and there on weekends (mainly beach sand and mud, not too much rock trails in my area)

And they are telling me I won't need to upgrade the driveshaft.
Looking to get 35's

What yr is your jk? 2dr or 4? Regardless I'd stick with the 2.5 over the 3 simply cause .5 isn't worth $1200

mtnbiker995

My girlfriends dad has the 2.5" (maybe 2" idk for sure) on his 2012 JKUR and it is out of this world how smooth his ride is. Blows the factory ride out of the water in my opinion

EDIT: he has the fox shocks, I don't know if those come with it or were an upgrade though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FoxC

Cant comment on BDS lifts, but this lift is coils/shocks and exhaust spacers. A pretty basic install that can be done at home with basic tools. You could save that $400+ and put it towards other mods...or an extra payment on the jeep. It's also very rewarding to look back at your own work!:yup:
Either way...good luck with the new rig!

ninjajmoney

I would use the $1200 and buy a more complete lift and then install it yourself. If you are wanting to stick close to the 3" range. you could easily put it on in your garage. I put my lift on in a apartment complex with just hand tools and a coil compressor. For $1200 you could get a nice kit too :rock:. Plus, putting it on yourself will give you the knowledge to fix stuff in the future :thumb:. But, to answer your oriinal question... I have heard nothing but great things about BDS.

ssh6314

My girlfriends dad has the 2.5" (maybe 2" idk for sure) on his 2012 JKUR and it is out of this world how smooth his ride is. Blows the factory ride out of the water in my opinion

EDIT: he has the fox shocks, I don't know if those come with it or were an upgrade though.

The teraflex 2.5 doesn't come with fox shocks that I've heard of. The bb will give you a stock ride. Plus the lift. The fox shocks are what's making the ride better. But he bought those separately most likely.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

mtnbiker995

The teraflex 2.5 doesn't come with fox shocks that I've heard of. The bb will give you a stock ride. Plus the lift. The fox shocks are what's making the ride better. But he bought those separately most likely.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.

Ahh yea I didn't know for sure. I just know he loves his BDS lift and fox shocks

Sithwindu

Thanks for the feedback! So no bad feedback on this company's lift? And can I go without a new drive shaft on the 3"? Might just get brave and try to install myself heh

ninjajmoney

Thanks for the feedback! So no bad feedback on this company's lift? And can I go without a new drive shaft on the 3"? Might just get brave and try to install myself heh

Very easy install. If you are able to put together an entertainment center in your living room you will be able to do a 3" install.

GetOut

Solid axle coil spring lift is about as easy as you could ask. BDS is a good company, they have an awesome warrantly, basically if you break it they will give you a new one. They are literally under 5 minutes from my house, while I do not run their lift a very close friend of mine does on his rig and has never had a problem.

HrdLine16

I have the 3" BDS lift on my jeep, very smooth ride. The instructions is very straight forward and easy to do. I took my time and had it on in a weekend.

HrdLine16

If you plan on running 35s daily driver or not, I would regear. I ran 35s with stock gearing and its sluggish. If you drive at a decent speed (55) for a long period of time the transmission will get hot. Your over drive will be kicking in and out, especially if you have hills in your area. I'm on my second transmission. If I were you spend the extra money, regear. Automatic 5.13 manual 4.88

JKWrang

To the OP... Did you go with the kit? Did you need to replace your DS? I would love to hear your input on this.

I didnt see anyone mention the DS questions that were asked. I was looking at this lift myself and it looks very appealing. I hear lots of good things as well.:rock:

WhiteDynamite

I have the 3" BDS springs on mine. It does ride really smooth but after I put Poison Spyder Bumpers and Sliders, a winch on the front and a 37" hanging off the back I only am netting a little over an inch of lift. If your not going to put all this heavy crap on your rig then 3" might be perfect.

Here's how mine sits.
IMG_1161.jpg

JKWrang

Hey thanks WhiteDynamic! I'm sure with a little extra weight this will probably be a great idea. Didnt think of the weight of sliders/etc. Thanks!!

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Sithwindu

Ended up going with the rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod with bilstiens 5100. Came out to a little less ten the bds, and got a nice size lift out of it! Running 35 nitto mud grapplers and it drives and feels good! A little flighty ness when cruising in higher speeds (can prob correct that with front lower control arms) but other than that I had no problems!! Also did everything in my drive way. Super simple set up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381265406.767209.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381265443.606062.jpg

Sithwindu

As far as driveshaft is concerned haven't had any problems yet, I check periodically to make ire the boot isn't tearing. But haven't done too much off Roading and flexing as real life is kicking my ass lol

I'll be getting a Adams drive shaft soon tho

WhiteDynamite

As far as driveshaft is concerned haven't had any problems yet, I check periodically to make ire the boot isn't tearing. But haven't done too much off Roading and flexing as real life is kicking my ass lol

I'll be getting a Adams drive shaft soon tho

I love my Adam's driveshafts. They are made right here in Henderson, NV. I've been in their shop a couple times and they are great to deal with.

Top Bottom