Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bds suspension?

Been Around the Block Sithwindu's Avatar

Bds suspension?

Local shop is offering 1200 for parts and service on a 3" lift

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...4&yr=2012-2013

Anyone have any experience with this lift? Should I stick with a teraflex 2.5 BB?

My jeep is a daily driver with offroading here and there on weekends (mainly beach sand and mud, not too much rock trails in my area)

And they are telling me I won't need to upgrade the driveshaft.
    Looking to get 35's

Bds suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by Sithwindu View Post
    Local shop is offering 1200 for parts and service on a 3" lift

http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...4&yr=2012-2013

Anyone have any experience with this lift? Should I stick with a teraflex 2.5 BB?

My jeep is a daily driver with offroading here and there on weekends (mainly beach sand and mud, not too much rock trails in my area)

And they are telling me I won't need to upgrade the driveshaft.
    Looking to get 35's
    What yr is your jk? 2dr or 4? Regardless I'd stick with the 2.5 over the 3 simply cause .5 isn't worth $1200

Bds suspension?

2013 jk unlimited sport!

Been Around the Block mtnbiker995's Avatar

Bds suspension?

My girlfriends dad has the 2.5" (maybe 2" idk for sure) on his 2012 JKUR and it is out of this world how smooth his ride is. Blows the factory ride out of the water in my opinion

EDIT: he has the fox shocks, I don't know if those come with it or were an upgrade though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Follow the rebuild of YEEP here

Cant comment on BDS lifts, but this lift is coils/shocks and exhaust spacers. A pretty basic install that can be done at home with basic tools. You could save that $400+ and put it towards other mods...or an extra payment on the jeep. It's also very rewarding to look back at your own work!
    Either way...good luck with the new rig!
    Somewhere in the desert...
    www.warmachines702.com

Fresh Catch
    I would use the $1200 and buy a more complete lift and then install it yourself. If you are wanting to stick close to the 3" range. you could easily put it on in your garage. I put my lift on in a apartment complex with just hand tools and a coil compressor. For $1200 you could get a nice kit too . Plus, putting it on yourself will give you the knowledge to fix stuff in the future . But, to answer your oriinal question... I have heard nothing but great things about BDS.

Re: Bds suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker995 View Post
    My girlfriends dad has the 2.5" (maybe 2" idk for sure) on his 2012 JKUR and it is out of this world how smooth his ride is. Blows the factory ride out of the water in my opinion

EDIT: he has the fox shocks, I don't know if those come with it or were an upgrade though.

The teraflex 2.5 doesn't come with fox shocks that I've heard of. The bb will give you a stock ride. Plus the lift. The fox shocks are what's making the ride better. But he bought those separately most likely.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.
    2000 WJ. Retired.
    2007 JKS. Retired
    2011 JKUS. Retired
    2014 JKUR.

Been Around the Block mtnbiker995's Avatar

Bds suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by ssh6314 View Post
    The teraflex 2.5 doesn't come with fox shocks that I've heard of. The bb will give you a stock ride. Plus the lift. The fox shocks are what's making the ride better. But he bought those separately most likely.

Sent from my EVO-3d using WAYALIFE app.
    Ahh yea I didn't know for sure. I just know he loves his BDS lift and fox shocks

Follow the rebuild of YEEP here

Bds suspension?

Thanks for the feedback! So no bad feedback on this company's lift? And can I go without a new drive shaft on the 3"? Might just get brave and try to install myself heh

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithwindu View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! So no bad feedback on this company's lift? And can I go without a new drive shaft on the 3"? Might just get brave and try to install myself heh
    Very easy install. If you are able to put together an entertainment center in your living room you will be able to do a 3" install.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast