Re gearing

Richbeast

Hey guys, I am thinking of re gearing my axles. I have the 2007 Jeep Wrangler sahara. From what my understanding is, I have 44 in the rear and 30 in the front. I just put 35’ on my Jeep and cut my fenders. I want to re gear, but don’t know the best fit for myself 4.56 or 4.88. I don’t do rock crawling or anything like that. It’s my DD and once in a while I go out on mild trails. I do live in Colorado Springs where elevation plays a big factor. So if anybody has any experience and can recommend some stuff it will be great. And also a good affordable place to get my axles re gear. It’s not something I can do myself. Thank you guys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WxNerd2015

Hey guys, I am thinking of re gearing my axles. I have the 2007 Jeep Wrangler sahara. From what my understanding is, I have 44 in the rear and 30 in the front. I just put 35’ on my Jeep and cut my fenders. I want to re gear, but don’t know the best fit for myself 4.56 or 4.88. I don’t do rock crawling or anything like that. It’s my DD and once in a while I go out on mild trails. I do live in Colorado Springs where elevation plays a big factor. So if anybody has any experience and can recommend some stuff it will be great. And also a good affordable place to get my axles re gear. It’s not something I can do myself. Thank you guys

I am have a 2011 JK (2 Dr) running pretty light on 33s. Still the same 3.8L engine, and i went 4.56s. It made a huge difference, but cruising at highway speeds (70-75ish) I do loose speed somewhat easily and have to downshift. For most cases, and even cruising most of the time, the 4.56s have been perfect, and definitely made the Jeep much more driveable. The RPMs around 70-75 are between 2300-2500, which is not too bad. Either choice will make your Jeep much more driveable for sure, and the 4.56s for a daily are not too bad, but I know many in the JKU crowd wth 35s prefer the 4.88s. Just my two-cents there and my experience, but just keep in mind that my experience is the 3.8, 3.5" lift, 33s, on a 2 door.

Here is the chart that helped me with deciding what gear ratio to go with:

2011-JKChart.jpg

12-mile

Yeah, I went 4.56 as well in my 2011, 2 door, manual transmission. Running
315 Duratracs. So a little less than a true 35”.
Daily driver also. Just my

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I live in MS so I don't have an elevation issue with I have a 2011 JKU and went with 4.88 gearing. Rides great and I usually hit 2400 rpms at 70mph. I run 315s also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom