2012 JKU won't start, hot oil, warning lights HELP ME

tahitijk

Hello to the jeep community,

I have recently bought a 2012 JKU sahara, with very low miles (18000 miles) and the old owner told me that he sells it because it has a starting issue, and the dealer didn't find anything, and he went there more than 6 times
after 1 month I didn't experience any issues, but this morning it started
at the morning, 7.00 am, I tried to start to go to the grocery store, and it didn't start, it took me 12 to 15 attemps to succeed start it. So it started then I drove to the grocery store without any problems, after my shopping session 20 minutes after, time to go back home, and it did it again, 10 times to start..
I don't know what is the issue; I read a lot of forum, talking about a lot of things such as the gear selector switch, the starter, the engine fan relay, the fuses, dead battery, bad connections and more,
did anyone has ever experienced this issue, and solve it ???

I always have the HOT OIL message, even if the jeep has not started all night long

PLEASE HELP ME

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Hello to the jeep community,

I have recently bought a 2012 JKU sahara, with very low miles (18000 miles) and the old owner told me that he sells it because it has a starting issue, and the dealer didn't find anything, and he went there more than 6 times
after 1 month I didn't experience any issues, but this morning it started
at the morning, 7.00 am, I tried to start to go to the grocery store, and it didn't start, it took me 12 to 15 attemps to succeed start it. So it started then I drove to the grocery store without any problems, after my shopping session 20 minutes after, time to go back home, and it did it again, 10 times to start..
I don't know what is the issue; I read a lot of forum, talking about a lot of things such as the gear selector switch, the starter, the engine fan relay, the fuses, dead battery, bad connections and more,
did anyone has ever experienced this issue, and solve it ???

I always have the HOT OIL message, even if the jeep has not started all night long

PLEASE HELP ME

If you always have the hot oil message even after sitting all night start there. It has to be a sensor or wiring issue as clearly it isn’t hot. If it thinks it too hot it may not be starting due to that.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
HOT OIL is for the automatic transmission. As was suggested, it’s probably a bad sensor on the AT.

tahitijk

I have seen a guy on youtube talking about the NAG1 valve body conductor plate issue
He has replaced it and the trouble has disappeared
I will let you know if it has worked for me
tks to you Guys

Top Bottom