Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 189 of 189

Thread: Commando Green: Show off going commando

  1. #181
    Old Timer AllAmericanInfidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    4,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Bump with a picture like this:

    Attachment 164445
    Your running completely stock suspension? Did you swap out shocks or anything? Leveling kit? You fit the 37s with just fender and pinch seam trimming? Your rig looks great. I love the low and wide look!
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

    BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

    CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

  2. #182
    Nothing but a Thing Benito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Mexico/Texas
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Your running completely stock suspension? Did you swap out shocks or anything? Leveling kit? You fit the 37s with just fender and pinch seam trimming? Your rig looks great. I love the low and wide look!
    I had just finished installing the Evo 3" enforcer in the picture in the post that you quoted. None the less bumping the commando green green thread with a little useful info. I looked into getting my poison spyder trail cage painted and got 4 different body shops to give me an estimate, they all ranged $650-$750. Blah. I looked into powder coat and found "prismatic powders" online and asked them about color matching commando green. They informed me that somebody had already requested a match and they kept the color profile, they went so far as to send me a color swatch! Here it is:

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926514.649716.jpg

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926531.472551.jpg

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926546.263517.jpg

    It is called "Arney Green" I think it is pretty spot on and I will be ordering a couple of pounds so that I can get the trail cage coated

    And here is my jeep

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926616.882649.jpg

  3. #183
    Addict catahoula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I had just finished installing the Evo 3" enforcer in the picture in the post that you quoted. None the less bumping the commando green green thread with a little useful info. I looked into getting my poison spyder trail cage painted and got 4 different body shops to give me an estimate, they all ranged $650-$750. Blah. I looked into powder coat and found "prismatic powders" online and asked them about color matching commando green. They informed me that somebody had already requested a match and they kept the color profile, they went so far as to send me a color swatch! Here it is:

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926514.649716.jpg

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926531.472551.jpg

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926546.263517.jpg

    It is called "Arney Green" I think it is pretty spot on and I will be ordering a couple of pounds so that I can get the trail cage coated

    And here is my jeep

    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469926616.882649.jpg
    Nice rig! I have been curious about DIY powder coating. Looked at Harbor Freights system. Just need an oven that my wife does not use.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

    "Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

  4. #184
    Nothing but a Thing Benito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Mexico/Texas
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Nice rig! I have been curious about DIY powder coating. Looked at Harbor Freights system. Just need an oven that my wife does not use.
    oh, i dont plan on doing it myself, i am going to order the powder then take it to a professional to get it done. i don't think i could find access to an oven large enough for trail cage peices, lol.

  5. #185
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    4
    My new-to-me 2013 JK. Been looking for a while, found the right one! Still stock, so let the mods begin...20190224_172509.jpg

  6. #186
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes911 View Post
    My new-to-me 2013 JK. Been looking for a while, found the right one! Still stock, so let the mods begin...20190224_172509.jpg
    Nice!

    How in the world were you able to find a five year old Jeep that is STOCK?

    That must be like finding a unicorn 😁

  7. #187
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Nice!

    How in the world were you able to find a five year old Jeep that is STOCK?

    That must be like finding a unicorn
    And manual transmission too!

  8. #188
    Knows a Thing or Two Gbint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Victoria B.C.
    Posts
    540
    There’s a gun metal grey one at an automotive service shop I’m taking over in a few weeks. Completely stock. I’ll turn it into some sort of a company vehicle, maybe a loaner. Not too many shops with jk loaners.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    if it ain't broke!

  9. #189
    Knows a Thing or Two HILLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    566
    Latest pic i have of DiggerIMG_4407.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2013 JKUS & empty pockets. It's our WAYALIFE!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS