Squeaking noise coming from roll bar that connects to the windshield

The.Ernie

Hi guys, I solved this on my own but figured I’d share it with whatever other poor unlucky soul that endures a horrible metal squeaking sound. One day that squeak came up and I grabbed the roll bar, then boom, the squeak stopped, I suggest that you the same to verify that the squeak is coming from there. Next I inspected the connections to the windshield and noticed that it was bolted together securely, so I sprayed WD-40 on the screws, and between where the windshield and bar meet and now it’s ten times quieter. Just figured I’d post this, because it took my dumb butt two weeks to figure this one out.

PatyWagon

Hi guys, I solved this on my own but figured I’d share it with whatever other poor unlucky soul that endures a horrible metal squeaking sound. One day that squeak came up and I grabbed the roll bar, then boom, the squeak stopped, I suggest that you the same to verify that the squeak is coming from there. Next I inspected the connections to the windshield and noticed that it was bolted together securely, so I sprayed WD-40 on the screws, and between where the windshield and bar meet and now it’s ten times quieter. Just figured I’d post this, because it took my dumb butt two weeks to figure this one out.
Hah know what you mean!! Hubby installed some handle bars to the A pillar for ease in getting in. Then over time started getting a pop(?) Not really correct description but close. Didn't think of the bars as being the problem. Had the front panels of roof off, reinstalled them, checked the whole top was tighten down, checked from underneath, removed Jack and backseat, then low and behold, hubby had hand on roll bar when it happened again and yep, it was the handle bar install-reinstalled bar and it went away for the most part. Probably will need to re-tighten till it's all cinched tight. Guess we need to look at the simple answer next time :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The.Ernie

Hah know what you mean!! Hubby installed some handle bars to the A pillar for ease in getting in. Then over time started getting a pop(?) Not really correct description but close. Didn't think of the bars as being the problem. Had the front panels of roof off, reinstalled them, checked the whole top was tighten down, checked from underneath, removed Jack and backseat, then low and behold, hubby had hand on roll bar when it happened again and yep, it was the handle bar install-reinstalled bar and it went away for the most part. Probably will need to re-tighten till it's all cinched tight. Guess we need to look at the simple answer next time :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Haha! It’s crazy how we overlook the simple things

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom