Rear Trac Bar

JPH8R

I have a Double throw Down Kit on my 2013 JKU, I have bent 2 rear Trac Bars:doh:. Has any one else had this problem? is it common? Do I continue to run factory rear trac bars or do I go to an aftermarket one that retains more strength?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not saying that it can't happen but I'm running factory track bars on both my JK's running DTD's and on Moby, with a ProRock 80 in the rear. That rear track bar is over 10 years old. :idontknow:

JPH8R

I just drive the hell out of it, this one bent down towards the diff, the other bent towards the floor board. Did i Mention i am running 500Hp and abuse the dog snot out of my jeep? Yesterday I also ripped the upper control arm Mount off the rear diff. I do not think it is a matter of doing something wrong but driving it like I stole it 4 days ago and trying not to get caught. :clap2::D

jesse3638

Hooked
I just drive the hell out of it, this one bent down towards the diff, the other bent towards the floor board. Did i Mention i am running 500Hp and abuse the dog snot out of my jeep? Yesterday I also ripped the upper control arm Mount off the rear diff. I do not think it is a matter of doing something wrong but driving it like I stole it 4 days ago and trying not to get caught. :clap2::D
Yeah abuse will always prevail. Change your driving habits and the track bar will be just fine. Common sense will save you a few bucks.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JPH8R

I wouldn't say it is a lack of common sense. It is a matter of using the jeep to its fullest potential which I do. I was mainly wondering if any one else has had this problem and if so what was the fix that worked for them. I rock crawl and prerun this jeep. So I do use it for the best of both worlds.

BaddestCross

I wouldn't say it is a lack of common sense. It is a matter of using the jeep to its fullest potential which I do. I was mainly wondering if any one else has had this problem and if so what was the fix that worked for them. I rock crawl and prerun this jeep. So I do use it for the best of both worlds.

Sounds like you found your Jeep's "fullest potential" so replace the track bar with an OEM, dial back your enthusiasm a notch, and you should be fine. 🍻

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Maybe you should buy a buggy, or monster truck.

IMG_1703.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
That was my thought. Once things begin to bend or break its gone past it's fullest potential..haha. Build it like EVO 1, problem solved.

Track bars really are a pretty crude solution. A triangulated four link would be much better for the OP’s needs.

JPH8R

That was my thought. Once things begin to bend or break its gone past it's fullest potential..haha. Build it like EVO 1, problem solved.

They guys at Evo tell me they are running a factory rear Trac bar. I just have a hard time seeing that. Unless Mel carries several spares and changes them regularly.

BaddestCross

I am not saying that Mel doesn't wheel hard. I also am.not saying that I wheel easy. I am looking for a solution, I just made a statement that I called them and they told me to stick with a stock track bar.
I'm fucking with you, brother. 🍻

My point is, if your track bar is bending there is a reason for it since several hard core wheelers stick with the stock bar with no issues.

I'm no expert, so I can't say what the problem is, but I'm guessing something needs to be tweaked with your suspension setup. Possibly too much droop? Shocks too long, need limiting straps, etc.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They guys at Evo tell me they are running a factory rear Trac bar. I just have a hard time seeing that. Unless Mel carries several spares and changes them regularly.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but perhaps you can't see it because you lack experience. Based on what I've been reading, you don't even seem too interested in obtaining it. I help pit for Mel on a regular basis and I can assure you that we're NOT changing out track bars "regularly".

Top Bottom