I Hate Mud Now!!

Ruvicon

So I went wheeling yesterday with some friends and took my buddies kids thru a mud pit.

IMG_4619.JPG

All was cool at the time, then on the third deep mud pit, I tossed my serpentine belt. Luckily, I found it in the mud, but 1/5th of the outer edge was torn off. I cleaned it up and reinstalled it in this freakin mess of the clumpiest, clay mud I’ve ever seen.

IMG_4627.JPG

I cleaned the condenser as well as I could, but the backside of the radiator was loaded up so bad I couldn’t see the fan. I attempted to clean the fan area with not much luck. So I disconnected the fan connections and limped it home. This morning I cleaned all that I could, but this god-forsaken clay won’t clean off easily.

IMG_4626.JPG

Now I’m going to pull the radiator out and see how bad it is and change all the hoses & thermostat since I’m opening up the coolant system.

I’ll then chisel out any remaining concrete mud that’s left.

Famous last words, “should we do it?” No more mud for me...

Vic

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Sorry to hear that horror story about the mud. It’s hard for me to understand why so many people love mudding, especially with all the possible issues it can cause. Then the absolute issue of cleaning up after lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I've always hated mud...I remember a young couple pulled up to me on a trail, top & uppers of their half doors off and completely covered head to waist in mud...my Jeep was relatively clean, as I had avoided a couple large mud pits on the way way to where I was...they asked me why my Jeep was so clean and said "you're missing all the fun"...I thought to myself "well, not really"....

WJCO

Meme King
If you haven't already pulled the radiator, for about 15 bucks, you can build a tool out of .250 copper pipe that hooks up to your hose. Basically you drill holes in it and when you turn on the water, they act as jets to spray out the fins. You can easily bend it also depending on the design of the vehicle.

IMG_20180513_172124_426.jpg

IMG_20180513_172106_755.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
You're probably lucky it was as thick as it was. With as much in the engine compartment as there is and as deep as it appears in the pic looks like you could have easily hydrolocked your motor. I went mudding with one of my friends. I remember him botching about the clean up. I avoid it like the plague. Not to mention anytime you crawl under your jeep to work on something you'll remember this mud hole everytime you knock dirt into your eyes. I bet the kids had a blast though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Lol. That awesome you did cause I wouldn’t have. Lol.
Get your yard sprinkler out and leave it running for awhile. That shit will loosen up. Good luck!

RockingK

Given a choice, I will avoid mud🙄! I don’t mind getting dirty to get somewhere but driving though a mud pit and dealing with the carnage and clean up is beyond my fun factor. Best of luck to you and I hope the everything details out.

jdofmemi

With my last rig, I found that the only way to get most of the old mud out was to roll it upside down and shake the shit out of it.

Use caution when doing this, as dried mud will be up your nose, and many other places.

It did serve to get rid of mud that was years old from places you can never wash.

I fucking hate the mud. I don’t care what the occasion. If there is even a remote possibility in finding more than a couple small puddles, I’m out. Rocks, boulders, dirt sand etc. bring it. But the mud can just fuck right off.

Top Bottom