Headlight Daylight Sensor

JoeB-JKURX

I've a 2014 JKU with headlights that have an auto-on function. That is, they come on when the ambient light (sun) is low and turn off when it is high. One of the indications that the headlights are on is that the dash lights dim. I've noticed in the last few days that the dash lights are dim. When I turn the headlight switch to off, the dash lights are, again, readable in the daylight. I checked, and (no surprise) the headlights are on all of the time when the switch is in the auto position. I expect there is a sensor somewhere that detects the low ambient light which causes the headlights to turn on. I didn't see anything about the sensor in the owners manual, in this forum or anywhere else on line. If any of you good folks here on Wayalife have experienced this problem (or any problem associated with this sensor), I'd appreciate it if you could tell me where it is located and how to service or replace it. Thx

SDG

Caught the Bug
It's in the middle of the dash, near the windshield, behing the center tray directly above the radio. It is a grayish black color with a dome shape, about the size of a 1/2 a grape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
It's in the middle of the dash, near the windshield, behing the center tray directly above the radio. It is a grayish black color with a dome shape, about the size of a 1/2 a grape.

^^^This^^^ Do you have a dash cover or stuff sitting up there? Co-worker of mine had the same issue and it was because of a dash cover.

JoeB-JKURX

Works Now

Hey Man, you're the bomb. I went out to the garage to see the sensor and found that I'd tossed a shop glove on the dash last time I worked on the Jeep and it was covering the sensor. I pulled out of the garage into the sunlight and voila, it worked properly. Thanks a lot.

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey Man, you're the bomb. I went out to the garage to see the sensor and found that I'd tossed a shop glove on the dash last time I worked on the Jeep and it was covering the sensor. I pulled out of the garage into the sunlight and voila, it worked properly. Thanks a lot.

Don't you wish all Jeep problems we've encountered were this simple.

Top Bottom