Is there a shortage of 40s?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Cause they are hand made in Texas? I’ll have to check out these Tito tires .

Swing by Julio's off Guadalupe Street... He carries Tito tires.

But everyone else on that block is from So Cal, so make sure you bring some BBQ, the smell will offend them and they'll run back to the court house :twocents:

2018-05-15 09_50_20-32620883_1813601868663318_1287640120282841088_n.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Calling some places and no one seems to have coopers or nittos in 40s. They say it couldn’t be about a month and a half before restocking.

Common?

It's pretty common. 40's are a big size and in reality, there isn't too much of a demand for them. Companies that actually make them don't make them a priority. Companies like Nitto actually have them made in Japan as opposed to Georgia like all their other tires.

A.J.

It's pretty common. 40's are a big size and in reality, there isn't too much of a demand for them. Companies that actually make them don't make them a priority. Companies like Nitto actually have them made in Japan as opposed to Georgia like all their other tires.

Demand is the problem. As Eddie said. The mfg have to have a certain amount before they will change out molds and run a batch of them. Once the back order reaches a set amount suddenly every one gets them in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rubiconrunner

Demand is the problem. As Eddie said. The mfg have to have a certain amount before they will change out molds and run a batch of them. Once the back order reaches a set amount suddenly every one gets them in.

Good info from you and Eddie, appreciate it. Buddy of mine said NR4x4 has them, but after they pulled some shabby shit on me I wouldn’t even get a free sticker from them.... personal opinion.

rubiconrunner

Haven’t checked but the discount tire guy seems to pretty solid, I messaged him on this form and he’s been very helpful

Discount tire is my “go to” source. Kevin always gets me the best deals. Unfortunately they are out of stock on my tire choices. So strongly considering a set of pro comps at this point... waiting on some feed back

rubiconrunner

Bought some a week and a half ago. Guy at my local store found some back east. He wasn’t sure they could get them either.

Here is a write up to help with the install. ;)

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...ATX-Slabs[/ Haha I read this. That’s awesome

Top Bottom