EVO 4" Long Arm Lift Kit

Bruce

Hello,

Anyone have any advise on how to quite down my lift kit. I grease it every oil change but that dose not seem to help much.

Ddays

Hooked
I've found the best way to get rid of noises in my Jeep is to remove the top and doors. Not only do you not hear shit amymore, the smile on your face replaces that ugly frown when you hear some weird new noise. :cool:

Surprised you are hearing noise with your LA kit. I'm running it and have none. Were they greased up really good when first installed? May need to drop them and grease the hell out of them to make sure there aren't any dry spots.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Anyone have any advise on how to quite down my lift kit. I grease it every oil change but that dose not seem to help much.

Are you running a DTD as well or just the long arms? Where are you hearing the noise and what grease are you using?

Bruce

Are you running a DTD as well or just the long arms? Where are you hearing the noise and what grease are you using?

I'm not running a DTD this is the kit I currently have on my JKU EVO MFG 4″ Double D Bolt On Long Arm Kit JK/JKU. I have been using Lucas X-TRA Heavy Duty Grease.

Last edited:

Bruce

I've found the best way to get rid of noises in my Jeep is to remove the top and doors. Not only do you not hear shit amymore, the smile on your face replaces that ugly frown when you hear some weird new noise. :cool:

Surprised you are hearing noise with your LA kit. I'm running it and have none. Were they greased up really good when first installed? May need to drop them and grease the hell out of them to make sure there aren't any dry spots.

I removed them and greased them last oil change which seemed to help for a little bit but right back to where it was now. Maybe I should be using a different type of grease then I am. If so I will pull everything off and pull the joints apart to get the proper grease in them.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I too have the evo long arm and its very noisy. Everyone was making fun of how squeeky my jeep was last weekend. I’ll be interested to hear how things go with the other greases.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Thanks I will get this on order pull everything apart and see how it works.

Do you normally have to pull the arms off to grease them? Ive been trying to figure out a way to cycle the suspension in a way to reach the zirks but cant seem to find a way. Retorquing all the arms sounds like a ton of work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom