You people suck. Delete my account, I want no part of this troll fest.

BeefaloBart

Edited*

I got my first taste of Jeeps back around 1975 when a friend of the family took my brother and I out in his CJ5 and during that trip beside the awesome feeling of that top down experience. Going up a very steep hill, the Jeep rolled end over end and landed back on its wheels. We didn't get hurt but the fact he just put it back in gear and kept driving set into my mind how tough a Jeep is.

Fast forward to the late 1980s and I'm fresh from high school, and a member of the SC National Guard. At the time I was a proud owner of a 1970 VW Beetle. I joined the Guard and they saw that I drove the Bug, and said Hey since you can drive a stick, your going to be the new captains driver. Well that put me in the seat of a M151 and that was it, I was hooked on Jeeps for real. The time spent doing our 2 week training and the things I did with that lil 1/4 ton left a lasting impression on my brain on how awesome jeeps can be. If that lil 4cyl thing could go where I put it thru, then imagine what one built could do.

Fast forward again. 2010, I traded in my Lincoln Mk VIII speed demon and got a 93 YJ. It had nothing but a brief top, hard half doors, but it worked. It was 4.0, and had the auto trans and A/C. I was in Hog Heaven and wasted no time joining a local jeep club. I slowly added and upgraded and made one heck of a great Jeep. 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 3" suspension lift, 33x10.50-15 BFG KM2, Flat Fender trimmed the front, and opened the rear wheel wells. Threw away the track bar and sway bar, and had more top pieces than I could keep up with.

Well That love affair ended when some snob in a volvo ran a red light and I T-Boned them. The damage done to my jeep was far less than I had done on the trails, but the Insurance company tried to total loss the YJ. To me it was blemished and along with wife Agro, I ended up selling the Jeep and I regret it.

I now and the proud owner of 2 other Jeeps. I have a 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited which is AMAZING. and a new project which will ensure I am even more broke than I am now. A 1960 Willys Jeep CJ5 which needs a ton of attention. LOL if you thought Calamity Jane was a rough CJ5, guess again. But you know what, it may be a rust bucket now, but with some love, elbow grease and a few thousand dollars in parts, it will be what causes me to be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeefaloBart

The Journey Begins: Again. 1960 Willys CJ5 Barn-ish Find.

Thru a bit of horse trading, I will be taking delivery of a new project that will be exactly what I need. 1960 Willys Jeep CJ5. Its in rough condition overall, and though many people will say Im crazy for even thinking of taking on this project, I will agree. However, I plan on doing a YouTube series on the build to show that even what seems like junk can be made into something that will bring smiles for years. This is a ZERO BUDGET build, and there will be a need for some parts to finish it off that I cannot afford, so I will have to horse trade, sell off anything I cannot live without. Or do whatever I can to get the parts I need to finish.

The Vehicle is a 1960 Willy's Jeep CJ5, with Factory Hard Top. Hurricane engine and 4 spd trans.

Current condition: Missing the starter. Wrong radiator. Air cleaner housings missing. Wrong generator mounting. More than a couple rust holes (passenger side several places, floor boards, and rear bed) Top other than junk paint flaking off, is in quite good shape, however the roll up door windows need glass, and correct outside door latches. Frame is pretty solid with no rusted out sections. Body is straight with no warped areas. Some sagging on the rear due to rusted sections. Engine is not locked up, but will benefit from a rebuild. Im sure I will find more issues during tear down.

Direction for build: Mild yet usable, M38a1 style but with more modern tires and wheels (probably BFG KM2 in a 33x10.5-15) Very modest lift, and probably a swap to a set of YJ axles since the original axles tubes look like drinking straws. I want to keep it simple, clean, and fun. Im ok with the lil F head Hurricane, but may opt later for an improved power plant. Would love a 4.0 and auto trans like what my YJ had.

What am I expecting: I know that its current shape looks bleak, but I have NO BUDGET, and a huge amount of love. And a Harbor Freight less than a mile away. I have probably enough flatish sheet metal to patch the exterior, and interior rust spots. I have a 90amp harbor freight mig welder, and a fresh spool of flux core wire. So I will just start patching holes, and removing paint, and doing metal work. This will let me decide what I am going to do about the driveline.

PatyWagon

Wow, a true work in progress labor of love. Can't wait to see the progress, congrats on the"find" and good luck!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If you are just here to get more views on your YT channel you are in the wrong place.

Read the rules before continuing.

Zevulin

Edited*

I got my first taste of Jeeps back around 1975 when a friend of the family took my brother and I out in his CJ5 and during that trip beside the awesome feeling of that top down experience. Going up a very steep hill, the Jeep rolled end over end and landed back on its wheels. We didn't get hurt but the fact he just put it back in gear and kept driving set into my mind how tough a Jeep is.

Fast forward to the late 1980s and I'm fresh from high school, and a member of the SC National Guard. At the time I was a proud owner of a 1970 VW Beetle. I joined the Guard and they saw that I drove the Bug, and said Hey since you can drive a stick, your going to be the new captains driver. Well that put me in the seat of a M151 and that was it, I was hooked on Jeeps for real. The time spent doing our 2 week training and the things I did with that lil 1/4 ton left a lasting impression on my brain on how awesome jeeps can be. If that lil 4cyl thing could go where I put it thru, then imagine what one built could do.

Fast forward again. 2010, I traded in my Lincoln Mk VIII speed demon and got a 93 YJ. It had nothing but a brief top, hard half doors, but it worked. It was 4.0, and had the auto trans and A/C. I was in Hog Heaven and wasted no time joining a local jeep club. I slowly added and upgraded and made one heck of a great Jeep. 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 3" suspension lift, 33x10.50-15 BFG KM2, Flat Fender trimmed the front, and opened the rear wheel wells. Threw away the track bar and sway bar, and had more top pieces than I could keep up with.

Well That love affair ended when some snob in a volvo ran a red light and I T-Boned them. The damage done to my jeep was far less than I had done on the trails, but the Insurance company tried to total loss the YJ. To me it was blemished and along with wife Agro, I ended up selling the Jeep and I regret it.

I now and the proud owner of 2 other Jeeps. I have a 98 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited which is AMAZING. and a new project which will ensure I am even more broke than I am now. A 1960 Willys Jeep CJ5 which needs a ton of attention. LOL if you thought Calamity Jane was a rough CJ5, guess again. But you know what, it may be a rust bucket now, but with some love, elbow grease and a few thousand dollars in parts, it will be what causes me to be happy.

Sad life if you need an old Jeep to make you happy!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BeefaloBart

wow just join what I thought would be a good place to be, and and on my first post I get hit by 2 trolls. Quite pathetic......

BeefaloBart

Wow make that 4 TROLLS. You guys are pathetic.

No I came here to share my journey with what I thought were other JEEP people. Turns out in my introduction and to my first thread I get hit with the dreaded INTERNET TROLL TRASH. You should be ashamed of yourself. Someone new sticks their necks out to share their Jeep life and stories and the first people to speak are all being rude.....

TROLLS need to get a life...........

WHY was my first post ever here edited by a Mod. The part taken out was my tag line, I use it everywhere, and I am not trying to promote my channel, it has nothing to do with Jeeps or vehicles.

YOU PEOPLE SUCK. way to run off new people before getting to know them.

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You people suck

No I came here to share my journey with what I thought were other JEEP people. Turns out in my introduction and to my first thread I get hit with the dreaded INTERNET TROLL TRASH. You should be ashamed of yourself. Someone new sticks their necks out to share their Jeep life and stories and the first people to speak are all being rude.....

WHY was my first post ever here edited by a Mod. The part taken out was my tag line, I use it everywhere, and I am not trying to promote my channel, it has nothing to do with Jeeps or vehicles.

Your post was edited, because it seemed you were directing members to your YouTube channel. That is a violation of forum rules. Now, in your other post you say you are about to make a video series on your Jeep. What are we supposed to the think?

Read the rules...follow them, or get lost.

Last edited:

notnalc68

Thru a bit of horse trading, I will be taking delivery of a new project that will be exactly what I need. 1960 Willys Jeep CJ5. Its in rough condition overall, and though many people will say Im crazy for even thinking of taking on this project, I will agree. However, I plan on doing a YouTube series on the build to show that even what seems like junk can be made into something that will bring smiles for years. This is a ZERO BUDGET build, and there will be a need for some parts to finish it off that I cannot afford, so I will have to horse trade, sell off anything I cannot live without. Or do whatever I can to get the parts I need to finish.

The Vehicle is a 1960 Willy's Jeep CJ5, with Factory Hard Top. Hurricane engine and 4 spd trans.

Current condition: Missing the starter. Wrong radiator. Air cleaner housings missing. Wrong generator mounting. More than a couple rust holes (passenger side several places, floor boards, and rear bed) Top other than junk paint flaking off, is in quite good shape, however the roll up door windows need glass, and correct outside door latches. Frame is pretty solid with no rusted out sections. Body is straight with no warped areas. Some sagging on the rear due to rusted sections. Engine is not locked up, but will benefit from a rebuild. Im sure I will find more issues during tear down.

Direction for build: Mild yet usable, M38a1 style but with more modern tires and wheels (probably BFG KM2 in a 33x10.5-15) Very modest lift, and probably a swap to a set of YJ axles since the original axles tubes look like drinking straws. I want to keep it simple, clean, and fun. Im ok with the lil F head Hurricane, but may opt later for an improved power plant. Would love a 4.0 and auto trans like what my YJ had.

What am I expecting: I know that its current shape looks bleak, but I have NO BUDGET, and a huge amount of love. And a Harbor Freight less than a mile away. I have probably enough flatish sheet metal to patch the exterior, and interior rust spots. I have a 90amp harbor freight mig welder, and a fresh spool of flux core wire. So I will just start patching holes, and removing paint, and doing metal work. This will let me decide what I am going to do about the driveline.

See there, another YouTube reference.

WJCO

Meme King

1bh2av.jpg .......

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

lol It only took 4 people to run you off. Pussy.

For the record, I edited your post and politely asked you to read the rules about directing people to or promoting a Youtube channel.

You can get fucked for all I care.

BeefaloBart

At no time did I link my youtube channel. My channel is not even about Jeeps or vehicles at all. So it was not a promotion for my channel it was and is just like the love of Jeeps just part of who I am. And yet I get trolled and edited without any reason. The true pathetic ones here are the people who went out of their way to troll a newcomer who wanted to share his story and love of jeeps and the jeep lifestyle. You should be ashamed of yourself for your actions.

I have lots of health issues and getting another jeep was a way to get me outside again doing something other than being stuck in bed or having to sit behind a computer. And after I open up, and think I found a good place to meet other like minded people, I see that this place is no different and filled with trolls and mods who do not know how to actually be a mod. I came here with high hopes, and was QUICKLY meet at the door with the usual troll garbage.

Im sure Eddie would be proud of how you are making this forum.

notnalc68

At no time did I link my youtube channel. My channel is not even about Jeeps or vehicles at all. So it was not a promotion for my channel it was and is just like the love of Jeeps just part of who I am. And yet I get trolled and edited without any reason. The true pathetic ones here are the people who went out of their way to troll a newcomer who wanted to share his story and love of jeeps and the jeep lifestyle. You should be ashamed of yourself for your actions.

I have lots of health issues and getting another jeep was a way to get me outside again doing something other than being stuck in bed or having to sit behind a computer. And after I open up, and think I found a good place to meet other like minded people, I see that this place is no different and filled with trolls and mods who do not know how to actually be a mod. I came here with high hopes, and was QUICKLY meet at the door with the usual troll garbage.

Im sure Eddie would be proud of how you are making this forum.

Yes, but you still directed people to your channel, by mentioning it. As a Moderater, MrTy noticed that, and very nicely notified you of the rules.

It took you all of 4 posts to tell the entire forum they suck, because that hurt your feelings.

You may as well leave. You’ll never make it here. You’ve ruined that chance already.

JAGS

Hooked
You’re already leaving? But you haven’t even met the forum greeter, Overlander JK, yet. I think you two will hit it off. [emoji106]

BeefaloBart

Trolls Destroy another forum site.

This forum has proven in just 24 hours that its full of trolls who have no life and nothing better to do with their life but harass other people.

Delete my account, I want no part of this troll fest.

I feel sorry for these trolls, its just so sad how they act online and live only to ruin the experience of other people. Its also a great shame that the "Wayalife" here is to troll the people who show up at its doors trying to share their life and experiences.

Even the moderators here are in on the troll fest, which is even more sad.

And finally I am sorry to Eddie that these trolls have ruined the forums.

Im sure this will get moved, edited and trolled, but don't bother, you have run off another good hearted person with your troll bullshit.

JAGS

Hooked
You had me at hello. [emoji7]

When you find the best forum, please take me with you. I’ve been trapped here for so long.

Top Bottom