2008 JKU Double Din Radio

weck

I know this probably has been discussed to death and I did search but couldn't find the post again about the side plates that looked good/decent. I recently installed a JVC Double Din head unit. there is a very noticeable gap as it sits decently far back from the actual dash. Is there a better mounting kit that i can get that doesn't make this look like trash? thanks!

0515181839.jpg
0515181840_HDR.jpg

Mcollins443

If you notch out those side pieces a little you can move the radio forward to be a little more flush. It will never look perfect because the radio is flat and the dash has a curve to it but it will look much better. IMG_1573.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

weck

If you notch out those side pieces a little you can move the radio forward to be a little more flush. It will never look perfect because the radio is flat and the dash has a curve to it but it will look much better.

So shave a bit on the inside of each one? will that bring it forward to be roughly even with the dash. my 08 only has a very slight curve so would rather have it all the way forward if possible. thanks!

weck

So I used a dremel and its definitely more to my liking like this. Wouldn't mind nicer looking mounts though if anyone has a source? Thanks.

Attachments

• 0516181602.jpg
    0516181602.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 112

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
So I used a dremel and its definitely more to my liking like this. Wouldn't mind nicer looking mounts though if anyone has a source? Thanks.

Try Crutchfield, select any double din radio and it’ll show you trim kits available for your make and model.

weck

Try Crutchfield, select any double din radio and it’ll show you trim kits available for your make and model.

thanks, I had done that. all they show for a double din is the metra which as I understood it is also one that had to be modified.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
thanks, I had done that. all they show for a double din is the metra which as I understood it is also one that had to be modified.

I did the Metra for my 2014, didn’t have to modify it. 08 might be different though.

DogHouse

You just need to iso-mount the radio. The mounting tabs will attach to the radio itself without the use of the can. Just be sure to use the short screws that comes with the mounting kit.

weck

You just need to iso-mount the radio. The mounting tabs will attach to the radio itself without the use of the can. Just be sure to use the short screws that comes with the mounting kit.

there was no can with my radio. I am mounting straight to the radio.

Metra mount also set the radio back. guess i will just stick with what i hacked on these other mounts. is what it is.

weck

My double Din with the Metra mounts

I would have to shave off a chunk on each mount to make it sit flush like you see in my other post. Your dash is newer than mine so not sure if the radios were a bit wider in later years or not. Or maybe my new JVC is a bit wider, not sure. just know it doesn't sit flush with these mounts.

I may try to shave the metra mounts down so they look a bit nicer than what I currently have installed and since i have it installed already no rush so I can take my time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom