VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - TAZER JL Programmer for JL WRANGLER / INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

If you've just installed a bigger set of tires on your Jeep JL Wrangler and are in need of re-calibrating your speedometer, you can go to your dealership and pay $150 to have it done or you can get a TAZER JL and do it yourself! Made by Z Automotive, the TAZER JL is a super compact programmer that that plugs into your OBDII and works off the screen in the middle of your instrument cluster and the buttons on your steering wheel. Of course, not only will you be able to set your own tire size, there's a ton of other things you can do with it including, changing your gear ratio after installing new gears, turning off your TPMS or changing its threshold and really, so much more. The TAZER JL also has LIVE functions, the ability to still use it while plugged in and options for it include things like, being able to turn off your Auto Start/Stop System and Traction Control. And, as silly as it may sound, it even has fun options like a light show with 6 different modes. The best part about the TAZER JL is that Z Automotive constantly makes firmware updates for it and they can be downloaded using their Program Utility software. With all that said, the following short video will show you just how easy it is to install and use on your Jeep JL Wrangler. We hope you enjoy.

To see a written version of how to install and use the TAZER JL and complete with tons of photos, simply click on the link below:
WRITE-UP : TAZER JL Programmer INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE

WHERE YOU CAN BUY A TAZER JL
Z Automotive TAZER JL
Use Discount Code: jlwf10

TAZER JL OPTIONS
Perf menu:
Adjust for alternate tire sizes up to 41″
Adjust for alternate axle gear ratios
Adjust for an alternate transfer case LO range ratio

TPMS menu:
Disable TPMS system if desired
Change front/rear TPMS warning PSI limit

Radio menu:
Disable Backup camera
Enable Cargo Camera input
Enable CD audio input
Disable TravelLink (weather warnings included)

Lighting Menu:
Change DRL region (type)
Change DRL location
Disable DRL Dropout
Enable Fog lamp output
Disable Fog lamp dropout
Set LED 3rd brake light type
Set LED tail lamp type
Set Trailer Tow output for use with Mopar kit

Other menu:
Enable Aux switch settings on the radio
Enable Blind spot detection

TAZER JL LIVE FEATURES
Live features can only be used only while the TAZER JL is plugged into your JL Wrangler's OBDII port. The following are options that will be available to you.

Light shows: Can be accessed from the key fob or from the on-screen menu. 6 pre-set light shows and 3 make-your-own shows included. Set from the factory to only operate when parked, but can be unlocked for off-road and emergency personnel use.

Disable Navigation in-motion lockout: Enter addresses while the vehicle is moving
Auto Traction Kill: can be set to turn off traction control upon start-up
Auto StopStart Disable: can be set to disable AutoStopStart upon vehicle start-up 0-30 and 0-60 timers
Cooldown mode: run engine fans when Jeep is off, to aid in cooldown

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Great instructional video! That should be a big help, to a lot of people. At this point, I can’t see having a JL, and not having the TAZER JL.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great instructional video! That should be a big help, to a lot of people. At this point, I can’t see having a JL, and not having the TAZER JL.

For all the features that it has, I couldn't agree more. The Tazer JL really is a great programmer. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great instructions! Very cool features that it gives you the ability to control with the bonus of the light show lol

Thanks! It really does have some great features. :yup:

That’s a really cool device! Sure is worth all the features and adjustability options.

I think so. I know some people think it's expensive but for all that it does, I think the price is pretty fair.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I think the dealership option is cool, because you couldn’t do that with a JK. The additional functions this offers, makes me want one. Now, to get that JL....

Good point. It is nice that it’s possible. I’ve had some personal experiences with some dealerships that tend to steer me away from them, but at least now little things like adjustments are possible weather through the dealership or being able to plug and play with the Tazer JL.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
That is definitely a great "tool" to have for the JL, also cool to see they will have firmware updates.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice. Pretty cool you can control with steering wheel and dashboard.. that makes it easy.... So it looks like you can shut off your Traction control finally but the tazer has to stay in, right? Does it seem obtrusive to leave it in while on the trail.. like you may kick it getting in & out?

woof359

Pro cal

Im glad I got a Pro Cal for my 2012 but the closest I could get my speedo was about 2 MPH off, its says 45 when Im doing 47 according to my GPS, I wonder if they make these for older jeeps?

IPSCOJL

Their discount code does not work

Wayoflife, you may want to update your site information as they are not accepting the jlwf10 code.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info! I Think this is the route in going to go.

You bet, glad to hear we could be of help :)

Nice. Pretty cool you can control with steering wheel and dashboard.. that makes it easy.... So it looks like you can shut off your Traction control finally but the tazer has to stay in, right? Does it seem obtrusive to leave it in while on the trail.. like you may kick it getting in & out?

I don't know. I typically have mine removed but could see how that might be an issue. I guess I'll have to give it a try and see :yup:

Can this gadget fix the issue you experienced in Moab?

As it is now, no. Is it something that might be able to address it in the future? Maybe.

Im glad I got a Pro Cal for my 2012 but the closest I could get my speedo was about 2 MPH off, its says 45 when Im doing 47 according to my GPS, I wonder if they make these for older jeeps?

Sounds to me like you've been measuring your tires wrong. You need to measure from the center of your wheel to the ground and then X2.

Top Bottom