new seats and harness question

14JK-U

the time has come to get rid of my stock seats and upgrade to something much more comfortable. i'm looking to get the corbeau suspension fixed back seats and hoping to install a harness instead of regular seat belt. my issue is I can't find any dimensions or even pictures of the harness bar installed from perspective of the back seat. I still need to carry my car seat for a few more years for the little one. if anyone has harnesses installed on a seat (doesn't have to be corbeau) is there a lot of room left in the back seat? I don't want to make my little guy uncomfortable or cramped until he can get out of his car seat. also is there any other way to get a harness installed without the use of a harness bar?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
You won't have a problem with room in the back with a harness bar from Rockhard. I would spend the couple extra bucks and get the pad that goes over it, I've hit my head a few times now just loading stuff. Also, if you thinking about changing seats, I would look into mastercraft. They are comfortable and still able to recline! Not sure I would be happy with a fixed seat. If your getting 5 points, I would keep your stock seatbelt. It would really suck getting in and out of the 5 points every time you get in the Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

14JK-U

I was considering the reclining option, with a bar installed are you able to recline more than a few inches? it seems from that perspective i'm throwing away money on an option I can't use. I've never had experience with the harness bar though so I may be totally off the mark on that

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I was considering the reclining option, with a bar installed are you able to recline more than a few inches? it seems from that perspective i'm throwing away money on an option I can't use. I've never had experience with the harness bar though so I may be totally off the mark on that

You can definitely lean back more than a few inches. Depending how tall you are, you can go a good ways back. I'm not near my Jeep or I would take some pics, there might be some in my build thread. Something else to consider, do the corbeau seats allow you to reinstall your crash sensor? If not, in an accident your airbags won't deploy. Mastercraft seats allow you to reinstall it.

good point, didn't consider that crash sensor. i'll have to call and ask about that

What answer did you receive and how did your project turn out? I'm looking into the bar and 5 point for when wheeling and leaving the lap shoulder belt for daily. I too have a kiddo in a car seat and she's ony 2.5 so she will be for quite some time

black pearl

Hooked
What answer did you receive and how did your project turn out? I'm looking into the bar and 5 point for when wheeling and leaving the lap shoulder belt for daily. I too have a kiddo in a car seat and she's ony 2.5 so she will be for quite some time

I’m interested also.

I have the rock hard bar in my jeep and my four year old has plenty of room. Have been running it a little over a year now. She dose like to use it as a foot rest from time to time. Has also become a place for her to put her stickers. [emoji23]

Brute

Hooked
I have the Rock Hard harness and Corbeau Baja XRS seats...get the seat heaters...don't get the submarine slot...reclining seats are better not because of going backward, but because they fold in forward so you can reach stuff in the back easier...my airbags up front are disabled...but I do have 5 point harness that keeps you pretty secure

norcal-s

Just a note of caution, it's not a good idea to use a harness on the street. Stock seatbelts have some slack that helps slow you down in the event of a crash, most importantly allowing your head to move forward with your body. With a harness, your body stays put and your head can be flopped around severely. (Dale Earnhardt for example)
On the trail harnesses are great for keeping you in the vehicle though.

Brute

Hooked
Just a note of caution, it's not a good idea to use a harness on the street. Stock seatbelts have some slack that helps slow you down in the event of a crash, most importantly allowing your head to move forward with your body. With a harness, your body stays put and your head can be flopped around severely. (Dale Earnhardt for example)
On the trail harnesses are great for keeping you in the vehicle though.

That's a good point...usually on the street I only have the lap belt and one shoulder harness attached, just because it's more comfortable...

Top Bottom