Thread: new seats and harness question

new seats and harness question

the time has come to get rid of my stock seats and upgrade to something much more comfortable. i'm looking to get the corbeau suspension fixed back seats and hoping to install a harness instead of regular seat belt. my issue is I can't find any dimensions or even pictures of the harness bar installed from perspective of the back seat. I still need to carry my car seat for a few more years for the little one. if anyone has harnesses installed on a seat (doesn't have to be corbeau) is there a lot of room left in the back seat? I don't want to make my little guy uncomfortable or cramped until he can get out of his car seat. also is there any other way to get a harness installed without the use of a harness bar?

new seats and harness question

You won't have a problem with room in the back with a harness bar from Rockhard. I would spend the couple extra bucks and get the pad that goes over it, I've hit my head a few times now just loading stuff. Also, if you thinking about changing seats, I would look into mastercraft. They are comfortable and still able to recline! Not sure I would be happy with a fixed seat. If your getting 5 points, I would keep your stock seatbelt. It would really suck getting in and out of the 5 points every time you get in the Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was considering the reclining option, with a bar installed are you able to recline more than a few inches? it seems from that perspective i'm throwing away money on an option I can't use. I've never had experience with the harness bar though so I may be totally off the mark on that

Quote Originally Posted by 14JK-U View Post
    I was considering the reclining option, with a bar installed are you able to recline more than a few inches? it seems from that perspective i'm throwing away money on an option I can't use. I've never had experience with the harness bar though so I may be totally off the mark on that
    You can definitely lean back more than a few inches. Depending how tall you are, you can go a good ways back. I'm not near my Jeep or I would take some pics, there might be some in my build thread. Something else to consider, do the corbeau seats allow you to reinstall your crash sensor? If not, in an accident your airbags won't deploy. Mastercraft seats allow you to reinstall it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

good point, didn't consider that crash sensor. i'll have to call and ask about that