Simple Roll Cage Solution?

jpone

Anyone have a good suggestion for a 4 door? Wonder if there is something out there that requires minimal teardown of the interior and also does not intrude into the passenger area too much?

Thanks!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Evo, Rock Hard, Poison Spyder. I personally like the look of Poison Spyder, and that’s what I’ll be going with. They all require you to tear your Jeep down a bit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have a good suggestion for a 4 door? Wonder if there is something out there that requires minimal teardown of the interior and also does not intrude into the passenger area too much?

Thanks!

Rock Hard or EVO is what I would recommend. Poison Spyder looks great but of the ones I've seen installed, they can be pretty noisy. Of all the ones I've installed, EVO is the easiest and depending on what year JK you have, it offers the most visibility over the dash.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Rock Hard or EVO is what I would recommend. Poison Spyder looks great but of the ones I've seen installed, they can be pretty noisy. Of all the ones I've installed, EVO is the easiest and depending on what year JK you have, it offers the most visibility over the dash.

Good to know about the noise, maybe I’ll rethink my decision. EVO would be my second choice.

jpone

Just finished watching your install video for the Evo cage. That looks like a great option. Exactly what I'm looking for! Need to find someone competent for a clean install in San Diego area in case you, or anyone else here, has any suggestions.

Much appreciated.

Another vote for Evo. I just installed one with the rear bar and plan to add the B pillar crossmember later on. There's really good visibility with it

Benito

Caught the Bug
Good to know about the noise, maybe I’ll rethink my decision. EVO would be my second choice.

I’ve installed two Poison Snyder cages, I don’t have any squeaking noise, I can see how you can have wind noise with a hard top since it doesn’t tie the windshield back in, but if you have some additional DIY in you can modify it to tie in the windshield.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I went with the rock hard. I have a buddy with the EVO cage and he gets enough noise that he's going to take it out and sell it. ORE did the install.

The rock hard was not an easy install. Fighting with the 3 holes in the door frame on either side, adjusting the location, getting the bars to fit, then having to grind away on the freedom panels and the bolts heads to get clearance to stop wind noise. Once it was done though, I'm happy with it. i love the handles to help getting in the jeep. The dash bar once dropped all the way down doesn't block my vision much.

View attachment 301861

View attachment 301863

View attachment 301862

Last edited:

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug

Is it easier to install than the rock hard on a 2010 JKU?

Vinnielax

I have the EVO cage and a hard top and no complaints. There is zero additional noise as far as I can tell (top on or off).

zimm

Caught the Bug
Is it easier to install than the rock hard on a 2010 JKU?

I don't think there's a difference. They give you a template to drill the 3 holes into the door frame. Then there are square metal "nuts" that go on the backside. I didn't get them lined up exactly straight so bolting them in was not easy. The hard top clearance effects most people that use the cage. Passenger side I didn't have to grind the top, just had to hit the allen bolts with an angle grinder to get clearance. I'm sure it weakens the bolts a bit, but I didn't want to grind the top so there were holes in the freedom panels. Driver's side took a lot more material to sand out.

Top Bottom