Gear ratio

jeepneyJ

I have 2014 JKU rubicon with 35’s and 2 inch lift, I know want to get a higher lift someday. my family and I love the outdoors, we just went to Death Valley and it felt like my rig was having a hard time going up hill with high rpm. Please advise on what gear ratio should I get? I know that owning a Jeep never stops on mods. So when I get my rig regeared what else should I consider and I’ll be set for a while. Thank you guys!! 🤚🏼

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL. If you’re stopping at 35s, 4.88 or 4.56. If bigger tires are in the near future, 4.88 or 5.13.

If your Ruby has 4.10s and you’re not happy, then ax the 4.56 idea.

rubiconrunner

I run 37s with Yukon 4.88s and master overhauls.... down the highway it’s a bit aggressive, a tad. On the trails it’s absolutely perfect. My tires overall measure 36.25 mounted and balanced at 28psi.

I agree with Saharaunlmtd if you’re sure you’re at 4.10s and not happy. Jump to 4.88 or 5.13, keep in mind it’s a give and take scenario

Yukon vs. G2.... ummm I chose Yukon because i just felt a tad bit more confident in the Yukon brand. I’ve only seen spicer gears blow up

jeepneyJ

I run 37s with Yukon 4.88s and master overhauls.... down the highway it’s a bit aggressive, a tad. On the trails it’s absolutely perfect. My tires overall measure 36.25 mounted and balanced at 28psi.

I agree with Saharaunlmtd if you’re sure you’re at 4.10s and not happy. Jump to 4.88 or 5.13, keep in mind it’s a give and take scenario

Yukon vs. G2.... ummm I chose Yukon because i just felt a tad bit more confident in the Yukon brand. I’ve only seen spicer gears blow up

Thank u! saharaunlmtd,rubiconrunner. This really helps me a lot. [emoji1431]

Top Bottom